Security Installer Community

Wirefree Cctv

I'm about to install a JPEG2000 16channel system for a "wheeler dealer" chappy...fairly straight forward except that

he has requested one of the channels be rigged upto a wirefree cam as he does large cash deals and wants a portable eye .Audio would be advantageous...Need 100mtre range and this needs to be properly 100mtr not like the trah on ebay....

Iam on a budget but quality will sell....It would also be used for "foaling" as he deals in racehorses...

Any recommendations??

I'm about to install a JPEG2000 16channel system for a "wheeler dealer" chappy...fairly straight forward except that

he has requested one of the channels be rigged upto a wirefree cam as he does large cash deals and wants a portable eye .Audio would be advantageous...Need 100mtre range and this needs to be properly 100mtr not like the trah on ebay....

Iam on a budget but quality will sell....It would also be used for "foaling" as he deals in racehorses...

Any recommendations??

If non line-of-sight, only COFDM kit will do this, probably out of your client's budget though, otherwise as Bellman says, don't go there.

Ilkie

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont do it go wired if possible as you may have many problems with wireless cctv

cant stand wirless cctv or intruder personally

:no:

yeah, cause you'd know :whistle:

cctv i agree, but intruder is far above cctv in wireless tech.

but even if bad, it can be better then nothing.

if he is doing the deals in his car think about a car kit, some half decent ones about now.

Personal DVR is the way to go for this requriment, they are available through most dealers now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont do it go wired if possible as you may have many problems with wireless cctv

cant stand wirless cctv or intruder personally

:no:

Read the post, not give your opinion.

The customer requires mobility. When did you sart using elasticated invisible wiring??

No, wireless is not as good as wired but that does not make it wrong. 100metres would possibly be on the limits of reliability but still doesn't make it wrong.

As luggsey says, personal DVR is the way to go here. Then it is truly portable. Rest of thesystem can be wired.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Guest anguscanplay
what are you on about i'll remove the other name then??????? nobody likes wireless unless your diy

you really want to go down this line ? maybe you have more to hid than AlterEgo ? stick to your area of experties and we`ll stick to ours

Angus

what are you on about i'll remove the other name then??????? nobody likes wireless unless your diy

lol, well done you know my name, and i know yours.

this is not a personal battle field *******, the OP is looking for help not opinion. and as for alarm equipment grade 2 is not DIY.

i had forgot about the personal dvrs, good idea.

Details and Names removed.

Everyone please stick to the original topic and do not start public bickering amongst each other.

The biggest problem with any wireless system is security. The signal from the cheaper ones can be picked up on the cheap wireless signal sets you can by for TV's so you can watch your SKY TV upstairs as well. I got one of these from Argos and found it was recieving CCTV footage on one of its wireless channels. What you want is something that will encrypt and decrypt the signal at both end so it appears as scrambled to any passing observer. This does not have to be an integrated part of your CCTV set up as such but just make sure the signal is encrypted. This will not stop environmental factors or people blocking out / jamming the signal though.

Archived