Security Installer Community

Wiring Up A Gjd Opal Pir

Greenwood

I would appreciate any help in wiring up the above. I have successfully replaced two GJD's with new GJD's but there is a separate old and failed sensor - with a separate light also controlled by switches - the wiring for which I would like to connect to a GJD. On the failed sensor there were four wires connected to

(i)+ (ii) - (iii) trigger and (iv) day sensor.

Not sure which to connect to apart from the + and -.

Any help appreciated. Many thanks.

I take it you are just replacing like for like (ie old Opal for a newer one?). If so, wire + and - like for like, and connect the wire connected to "Trigger" on the old sensor to "A" on the new one, and connect the wire from "Day Sensor" on the old sensor to "S" on the new one.

Trade Member

Guest anguscanplay

might not be easy there should be a controller for the old sensor so it would need routing to the gjd controller and the same with the switched LIVE ( ie 240v ac dangerous bit ) before you consider the existing on / off switches

i would add a big warning here, the GJD kit good as it is switches the NEUTRAL and NOT the Live,

so simply placing the controller in the 'off' mode still presents a serious risk of a shock. so please disconnect all power before opening any lamps or controllers.

the work your doing is highly likely to fall under part 'P' which has legal ramifications for you observe, and part 'P' is there for good safety reason's.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
i would add a big warning here, the GJD kit good as it is switches the NEUTRAL and NOT the Live,

so simply placing the controller in the 'off' mode still presents a serious risk of a shock. so please disconnect all power before opening any lamps or controllers.

the work your doing is highly likely to fall under part 'P' which has legal ramifications for you observe, and part 'P' is there for good safety reason's.

regs

alan

WHAT YOU ON ABOUT NOW................................

comman nuetral and L1 or L2 for the area switches it only switches a nuetral if you wired it up wrong in the first place

WHAT YOU ON ABOUT NOW................................

comman nuetral and L1 or L2 for the area switches it only switches a nuetral if you wired it up wrong in the first place

Agreed,

you not been taking your pills lately Arfur?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived