Security Installer Community

Does The Early Version Of Veritas 8 Support Multiple Rkps?

Hi Chris ,

The new remote keypads (screw type front ) do work on the older (pre-1999) veritas, but not whilst sharing the line with an older keypad....so you either need 2 new style keypads , or as said , an old keypad off ebay.

Regards.

Right ...just to clear this up (its bin a quiet night !).

I have had a play .... and I have the new version RKP and an old RKP and they both work on both the new panel and the old panel , in any combination , as long as they are set to different addresses.

Info may come in handy.

Regards.

I have had a play .... and I have the new version RKP and an old RKP and they both work on both the new panel and the old panel , in any combination , as long as they are set to different addresses.

Info may come in handy.

Regards.

i thought he said he tried them on different addresses, unless he cocked it up.

<<<snip>>>>

The new remote keypads (screw type front ) do work on the older (pre-1999) veritas, but not whilst sharing the line with an older keypad....so you either need 2 new style keypads , or as said , an old keypad off ebay.

Now I am *really* confused :-)

Above are 2 of your posts Fastcar (the top one being the newest)... are you now saying the first was wrong, cos they say different things don't they?

I'm thinking just put a dummy box on the house now - it's easier all round ;-)

Chris

Hi Chris ,

My very first post was right , but Dave threw me , I will always listen to someone elses opinion.But after having some spare time last night to set a couple of panels up , I was able to verify that the old and new work together.Therefor you could have a fault with your gear or programming.

Think I'll keep quiet next time. :P

Regards.

Hi Chris ,

My very first post was right , but Dave threw me , I will always listen to someone elses opinion.But after having some spare time last night to set a couple of panels up , I was able to verify that the old and new work together.Therefor you could have a fault with your gear or programming.

Think I'll keep quiet next time. :P

Regards.

No - Don't keep quiet.... It's good to get advice from someone who knows what they are talking about.

I'm not sure there is any programming on the old panel that can affect this is there? So I guess a dodgy panel.

Thanks for your help

Chris

Guest Dave the alarm man
I was able to verify that the old and new work together.

:hmm: replaced the endstation on a 1996, (bell output failed) old rkp won't work on new pcb, job done november 2006.

Archived