Security Installer Community

Does The Early Version Of Veritas 8 Support Multiple Rkps?

I have an early version of the Veritas 8 panel (pre 1998 is it? The one where engineering mode is the 4 digit code then 00 instead of the 4 digit code then the PROG button).

Does this version support multiple remote keypads? I have 2 points of entry to the house and want to put a panel near the second one (there is already one at the first - the panel itself is in the loft).

All help gratefully received,

Chris

Hi ,

Yes it does , and the newer version keypad works with the older panel.

Regards.

Cool.

In which case.....

Why isn't it working for me? :-)

I have daisy-chained 2 x keypads (the existing old type and a new one) - parallelled all 4 wires (T, R, +v and -v). I have set the second keypad to be number 2 and 3 (tried 2 different settings just to be sure - the existing keypad is set to the factory default 1).

When I power off and on the panel, neither keypad functions. You can press a few buttons and get the normal beep (higher pitched), then after a few presses the beep goes lower-pitch (like the error beep). None of the keypresses actually do what they should (for instance, just after powering up, typing in the eng code doesn't work).

The lights on both keypads seem to show the correct info - ie all lights on when in eng mode, etc.

Is it an incompatibility between the 2 x keypads? I can't see what else I could have got wrong - it's only 4 flippin' wires!!

All help gratefully received

Chris

Guest Dave the alarm man

Latest RKP's don't work on the old products (since they changed to screw on front)

Lastest endstations are nolonger backward compatible with rkp at one time their was support for old rkp's sounds in the menus,

Useful info Dave...mine are pre-screw front...I'm gonna have to try it tho.

Mine are screw-front so I guess that answers it.

So you're saying that if I get a new panel, I'd have to get a new RKP to replace the existing old-style one as well?

FastCar - Let me know how you get on if you do try it.

Thanks all,

Chris

Guest Dave the alarm man
So you're saying that if I get a new panel, I'd have to get a new RKP to replace the existing old-style one as well?

yes

Mine are screw-front so I guess that answers it.

FastCar - Let me know how you get on if you do try it.

Thanks all,

Chris

or an old rkp, try ebay.

Archived