Security Installer Community

So I've Got This Alarm...

Driller

right are you sitting comfortably..........

Yep but I think we're about to get uncomfortable!

12v is a permenant 12v+ from the panel

Ok, so Bell+12v.

trig - is the negative trigger from the panel ( thats the " earth" )

Ok so the terminal with the bell piccie. (When a detector goes open, a transistor makes to 0v to activate the siren right?)

led - is either a permenant neg or a switched neg depending on how you want it to work ( dont bother imo)

OK permanent negative, that makes sense. Would it be logical to connect it to the 0v terminal then, on the bell outputs on the 2-12?

**I note that there appears to be a subtle difference between "-12v" and "0v" . **

the tamper return cable from the outside would need to go to one leg of the AT then from the other AT to the panel ( make a joint in the panel rather than wire from outside to inside to panel )

Ok, you lost me! [falls over backwards in Fawltyesque fashion]

"The tamper return cable from the outside" -the outside case tamper of the siren right?

"would need to go to one leg of the AT" -so the AT terminal on the siren pcb corresponding to the above?

"then from the other AT to the panel"- fair enough so connect the other AT terminal on siren pcb to the "T" terminal on the 2-12.

"make a joint in the panel rather than wire from outside to inside to panel"- huh? :unsure:

job done - makes loud noise

Angus ( sorry couldnt resist a little sarcasm )

A rasberry noise you mean? Fair enough I can take the rough with the smooth. Just hope my internal siren doesn't end up making the same noise heh, heh :)

To Dave the alarm man: Sounds good to me Dave, whatever's easiest but that works well. Right now for me the easiest is to try to connect stuff up to the labelled alarm terminals. What I would like to understand though is why there is only one T terminal on the 2-12. Does this go with +12v or 0v to make a tamper system?

cheers

Guest Dave the alarm man
To Dave the alarm man: Sounds good to me Dave, whatever's easiest but that works well. Right now for me the easiest is to try to connect stuff up to the labelled alarm terminals. What I would like to understand though is why there is only one T terminal on the 2-12. Does this go with +12v or 0v to make a tamper system?

are you not going to use a proper external scb (or interal for that matter)?

your T is looking for a neg input!

are you not going to use a proper external scb (or interal for that matter)?

your T is looking for a neg input!

I have an external SAB. I could put it in SCB mode but (if I understand correctly I don't need to since I am not adding additional units and the control panel can handle the power. Incidently the external siren is a Texecom Odyssey-seems like a nice unit. The terminals on this are more logical ie 12v, bell, tamp, 0v and strb. I don't know why the internal siren isn't as clear. The internal siren is not self activating (if I'm correct) ie it has no battery.

So the T should be associatd with a neg input. So you would of course mean the terminal marked 0V ( NOT the -12v Aux?) on the 2-12 please confirm and I shall forever be in your service (for what it's worth heh, heh)

Edited to say the erminals on the Odyssey may answer the question for me I see, but nothing beats human reassurance!

cheers

Richard

What I would like to understand though is why there is only one T terminal on the 2-12. Does this go with +12v or 0v to make a tamper system?

cheers

i thought the G2-12 was an //.Large National Installer.// only panel???

Guest anguscanplay
i thought the G2-12 was an //.Large National Installer.// only panel???

why you not got any for sale ? :whistle: lol

right thats the sounders done then, whats next ?

right thats the sounders done then, whats next ?

I'm going to get some detectors wired up (double ballanced) and I'll check back in a bit. Thanks again to everyone who has helped so far.

Guest anguscanplay
I'm going to get some detectors wired up (double ballanced) and I'll check back in a bit. Thanks again to everyone who has helped so far.

we wouldnt be bothering if your location said " bridgeport " lol

Archived