Security Installer Community

So I've Got This Alarm...

Driller

Hi everyone. I've not been here long and am still sounding out the forum a bit and getting to know who's who. I've already spoken to a few of the "big guns" on here and I thank them for their advice. You may or may not have read that I'm an enthusiastic DIY-er But I want the stuff I fit to work properly and I have no delusions: if you want something to work well then you have to go that little bit further. Cheap ****=cheap result. Anyway to that end and because this is a hobby and I want to do it myself, I have purchased a new 2-44+ and I will shortly be purchasing a CCTV system (please see my ridiculously long post in the CCTV section). Please don't :bruce_h4h: me here or get :realmad: I'm genuinely interested in this and this panel really was everything I was looking for. I know that this is not normally something a DIY-er would tackle but I have to say that so far things are going ok. I of course have the installation manual which is very well written. However (and not to bore you all with another long post) I have some cabling questions. Any chance you could offer me some help here guys?

Edited to say: Moderators if any of this info is a problem (don't think it should be) please let me know and perhaps we can do this "off air"?

you need to ask the " cabling questions " then lol

heh, heh ok here goes. I have a CQR SOint2 internal siren. The connection terminals are as follows:

+

Trig

L.E.D

AT

AT

The 2-44 outputs:

TRIG N/C

BELL +12v

0V

T

Bell (pic of a bell)

Strobe(pic of a strobe)

Between the + and the LED terminals on the CQR there is a label saying "continuous supply for LED.

On the 2-44 pcb there is only 1 tamper output. My external siren also only has one tamper terminal so a no-brainer but what do I do with the second one on the internal? Does it go to the 0v?

Therefore:

CQR 2-44

+ Bell +12v

Trig TRIG N/C or Bell?

LED 0v?

AT T

AT Bell +12v or 0V?

What seems logical to you? Thanking you very much for your help in advance.

cheers

Richard

(I would really like is an explanation of the relay "mechanism" of how all of this works. I'm very sad but it fascinates me. For example there is a system where a transistorised output draws the current to 0V I think and then when the transistor changes over this gives an output to 12V+ to activate something. Anyway I don't want to bore you with that- I'll find a book on the subject.)

Therefore:

CQR 2-44

+ = Bell +12v

Trig = bell picture

LED = +12v or output [your choice, if in +12v it will always be lit, or you can program an output to switch it on when needed.]

AT = detector tamper

AT = detector tamper

Guest anguscanplay
Therefore:

CQR 2-44

+ = Bell +12v

Trig = bell picture

LED = +12v or output [your choice, if in +12v it will always be lit, or you can program an output to switch it on when needed.]

AT = detector tamper

AT = detector tamper

theres no neg hold off ?

forget that its an internal doh

Guest anguscanplay
leave it to us [un-vetted :P ] pros Angus ;)

ah its been a long night - callouts to storm damage ( i`m after the sympathy vote ) lol - next ones yours too

Therefore:

CQR 2-44

+ = Bell +12v

Trig = bell picture

AT = detector tamper

AT = detector tamper

Thanks for the replies chaps. To confirm: When you say "+12v" for the LED I'm assuming you mean the "Bell +12v"? I though that (in my infinite wisdom :whistle: ) the LED might go to 0V on the 2-44. Otherwise there doesn't appear to be a ground for the internal siren? In addition to which on the Soint2 pcb there is a "-" sign just in front of "LED" at the terminal.

For the two AT terminals, I know I could connect them to a zone with an EOL resistor but I feel that this is a bit of a cop out and I want to do it properly. I note that my external SAB has only one tamper terminal which obviously goes to the single T terminal on the 2-44 output section. Can I connect the tamper of the internal in the same way and if so what do I do with the second AT connection? :hmm:

cheers

Richard

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks for the replies chaps. To confirm: When you say "+12v" for the LED I'm assuming you mean the "Bell +12v"? I though that (in my infinite wisdom :whistle: ) the LED might go to 0V on the 2-44. Otherwise there doesn't appear to be a ground for the internal siren? In addition to which on the Soint2 pcb there is a "-" sign just in front of "LED" at the terminal.

For the two AT terminals, I know I could connect them to a zone with an EOL resistor but I feel that this is a bit of a cop out and I want to do it properly. I note that my external SAB has only one tamper terminal which obviously goes to the single T terminal on the 2-44 output section. Can I connect the tamper of the internal in the same way and if so what do I do with the second AT connection? :hmm:

cheers

Richard

right are you sitting comfortably..........

12v is a permenant 12v+ from the panel

trig - is the negative trigger from the panel ( thats the " earth" )

led - is either a permenant neg or a switched neg depending on how you want it to work ( dont bother imo)

the tamper return cable from the outside would need to go to one leg of the AT then from the other AT to the panel ( make a joint in the panel rather than wire from outside to inside to panel )

job done - makes loud noise

Angus ( sorry couldnt resist a little sarcasm )

Archived