Security Installer Community

Optima Xl6 Not Working

pepene

Hi,

please help guys, I had a fine working optima xl6 alarm system, had lights in the house changed by an electrician 2 days ago and since then the alarm isnt working, there is only the red light of power which is lit, no sound on pressing any buttons, the PIRs are working and there are also the backlights under the buttons of the alarm, tried all tricks of mains, reset etc.. but no luck, please help, cheers pep.

Hi,

please help guys, I had a fine working optima xl6 alarm system, had lights in the house changed by an electrician 2 days ago and since then the alarm isnt working, there is only the red light of power which is lit, no sound on pressing any buttons, the PIRs are working and there are also the backlights under the buttons of the alarm, tried all tricks of mains, reset etc.. but no luck, please help, cheers pep.

the Panel has locked out, most likely due to a dead battery.

the problem with this brand of control unit is when a battery has been dead for a while it normally blows the charging circuit.

the best thing you could do is call in a local installer to check this over and advise you as they se fit.

regards

Guest anguscanplay
the Panel has locked out, most likely due to a dead battery.

the problem with this brand of control unit is when a battery has been dead for a while it normally blows the charging circuit.

the best thing you could do is call in a local installer the guy who stuffed it to check this over and advise you as they se fit.repair it

regards

its not the sparks fault that the alarm system was not in correct order.

he should have been able to turn the power off with out it effecting the system. :whistle:

i guessing it isn't under a service contract with a alarm company?

angus you know i'm always right :P:sothere:

Guest anguscanplay
its not the sparks fault that the alarm system was not in correct order.

he should have been able to turn the power off with out it effecting the system. :whistle:

i guessing it isn't under a service contract with a alarm company?

angus you know i'm always right :P:sothere:

bigger picture alter , bigger picture , when the sparks tells him its not his fault and how much the sparks wants it makes us look good value hmm

Go to maplin (lol) get yourself a new battery put it in, hope for the best, if no smoke comes from the panel and the default code works... **** guess the rest..... it not hard then you should be ok... otherwise panel could be stuffed. Good Luck... no harm in trying a new battery if you want to save a few quid, otherwise disconnect the battery, remove mains supply (take out fuse replace lid power up, put in default code and could run without battery but not suggested.

Please remember the forum rules, partial codes are not allowed either.

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Go to maplin (lol) get yourself a new battery put it in, hope for the best, if no smoke comes from the panel and the default code works... **** guess the rest..... it not hard then you should be ok... otherwise panel could be stuffed. Good Luck... no harm in trying a new battery if you want to save a few quid, otherwise disconnect the battery, remove mains supply (take out fuse replace lid power up, put in default code and could run without battery but not suggested.

Please remember the forum rules, partial codes are not allowed either.

great advice.

:eekout:

57 posts wow..... and giving me advice...... have a look on ebay and buy yourself the engineer manual at the same time..... some on lets face it... optima default code not hard to find and been given out on here 100's of times.... Dave your input please lol!

Not even trade lol!!! this gets better!!!

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Guest anguscanplay
57 posts wow..... and giving me advice...... have a look on ebay and buy yourself the engineer manual at the same time..... some on lets face it... optima default code not hard to find and been given out on here 100's of times.... Dave your input please lol!

all right then i`ll give you some advice too -

no patial default codes

the o/p has even less posts and probably no ability in the electrics field

public members could just be trade members awaiting vetting too

regards

angus

:withstupid:

i wasn't going to point this out but seeing as you insist.

i wasn't talking about the code.

"wait till smoke comes out"? fantastic.

"hope for the best"? even better?

"not that hard"? great!

"no harm in trying a new battery if you want to save a few quid"? professional? hmmm........

"mains supply (take out fuse replace lid power up, put in default code and could run without battery but not suggested"? even better. :wacko::joker:

all in as i'm sure everyone can see great john wayne security advice.

regards

Archived