Security Installer Community

'u' On Keypad - Tamper? How To Fix This?

ferps

Hello, first post, so I hope this is the right forum.

A couple of days ago the keypad on our system showed a 'u' and I can no longer use it. There are no other LEDs lit on it, and the keypad doesn't work. I looked in the manual and it said that this is the 'keypad tamper' state. There's no tampering been going on(!) so I don't know why this should be.

We inherited the alarm system when we bought the house about two years ago. I have no idea what make it is as there is no manufacturer name or product code on the keypad, main panel or manual. But it's a sorta beige colour. :)

Can anyone tell me why this should happen and how I can fix it. If the services of an alarm company are in order, what can I expect to pay to get it fixed? (ballpark)

Really appreciate any help anyone can give.

cheers.

Is there any chance you could put a photo up of the panel/keypad?

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Hello, first post, so I hope this is the right forum.

A couple of days ago the keypad on our system showed a 'u' and I can no longer use it. There are no other LEDs lit on it, and the keypad doesn't work. I looked in the manual and it said that this is the 'keypad tamper' state. There's no tampering been going on(!) so I don't know why this should be.

We inherited the alarm system when we bought the house about two years ago. I have no idea what make it is as there is no manufacturer name or product code on the keypad, main panel or manual. But it's a sorta beige colour. :)

Can anyone tell me why this should happen and how I can fix it. If the services of an alarm company are in order, what can I expect to pay to get it fixed? (ballpark)

Really appreciate any help anyone can give.

cheers.

Does the keypad have a cover that slides horizontally to cover the buttons and screen?

if so its an aritech, maybe 33 or somthing.

it's not a scanny, but made by a firm who were eventually bought out by them. was very simular in programming but i can't remmeber the name of the manufacturer - but well old.

it's lost it's programming and defaulted to factory settings, ity should not happen but it do's. given it's age and the memory loss you would be better off spending your money on having it replaced with a modern control panel, one having all the new bells and whistles that come with todays designs.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

alan replace it with a gartec, good panel. ;)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

alan replace it with a gartec, good panel. ;)

:huh: it's not my panel? i was trying to identify it but good advice to the PO though imo

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived