Security Installer Community

Pir Sensor

Guest anguscanplay
you use the chip number as eng code?

nah customer code - they dont need to know it as they use fobs - never actually done one like it yet but it was an idea we had once

No my control is a Optima Compact G3, I now that he does this so he can set and unset without using my code. When he leaves i re enter my code so then he can not unset the alarm. I know when he comes when he sets and unsets he uses code 0123.

Guest anguscanplay
No my control is a Optima Compact G3, I now that he does this so he can set and unset without using my code. When he leaves i re enter my code so then he can not unset the alarm. I know when he comes when he sets and unsets he uses code 0123.

sounds like engineer autherise to me

Guest anguscanplay
Do you know what was wrong with the PIR ?

was i there ???????????????????????????????????????

only kidding , no need to know just swop them out , once read that something like 98% of the ones returned to manf as faulty were fine really

i think you are right angus, the eng access is still active till its set. chip number is fine if its signaling, what about eng code backwards? only prob is you have to change pin to max 4 digits, then its not grade 3!

Guest anguscanplay
i think you are right angus, the eng access is still active till its set. chip number is fine if its signaling, what about eng code backwards? only prob is you have to change pin to max 4 digits, then its not grade 3!

eh ours are six digit chips numbers but you never heard of 00xxxx

incorrect i think :hmm: , the optima is ungraded, and has no such feature.

what he is doing is either changing the user code to 1234 to set/unset and then putting it back to users normal code after, or hes forgot eng code.

if he is doing the first he is wasting his time as you can change the user code on an optima from the eng menu with out knowing the origional user code.

eh ours are six digit chips numbers but you never heard of 00xxxx

just a suggestion mate.

i meant the eng code backwards was 4 digits and if you change it to 6 then the customers has to be 6 too. that's fine but on some of our national accounts they want to keep 4 digits, managers and staff move around branches and delivery drivers can be fick. anyhoo, this is all irrelevant. the pir was *****, now its better.

Please refrain from trying to bypass the bad word filter.

Archived