Security Installer Community

Pir Sensor

Hi had a problem the other week with PIR upstairs when trying to set the system the PIR upstairs kept lighting itself up for a few seconds and then go out as if someone was walking past it called the installing company as it was covered for 12 months they came the following morning and checked the panel, wiring and sensor they said it was the sensor they changed it. all fine now what do you think was wrong with the sensor?

Also when they come they press there number in to the panel and get me to put my number in then they start there work before they leave they get me to put my code in again whats this for ?

Hi had a problem the other week with PIR upstairs when trying to set the system the PIR upstairs kept lighting itself up for a few seconds and then go out as if someone was walking past it called the installing company as it was covered for 12 months they came the following morning and checked the panel, wiring and sensor they said it was the sensor they changed it. all fine now what do you think was wrong with the sensor?

Also when they come they press there number in to the panel and get me to put my number in then they start there work before they leave they get me to put my code in again whats this for ?

Did you ask them why they done this?

Guest anguscanplay

should do its part of the new gradings

gives control of who gets access to the system back to the customer by needing the customer to autherise the engineer - risco panels you can pre autherize an engineer and it only stays valid till the next set

angus

should do its part of the new gradings

gives control of who gets access to the system back to the customer by needing the customer to autherise the engineer - risco panels you can pre autherize an engineer and it only stays valid till the next set

angus

is it likely to be grade 3 angus? domestic.

Guest anguscanplay
is it likely to be grade 3 angus? domestic.

we do it on any tbh its as easy to do grade three without the masks etc as it is to do a grade two programme

we do it on any tbh its as easy to do grade three without the masks etc as it is to do a grade two programme

agreed. infact, thinking about it, the eng access on a galaxy g3 cant be removed. so probably the same on others.

Guest anguscanplay
agreed. infact, thinking about it, the eng access on a galaxy g3 cant be removed. so probably the same on others.

it will have pre autherise though wont it ?

it will have pre autherise though wont it ?

im not sure what you mean but everytime you want eng access it has to be enabled by customer 1st. some companies ask the customer if it ok to have a master code in the system incase they forget/lose the code, otherwise its the backway in or defaulting.

Guest anguscanplay
im not sure what you mean but everytime you want eng access it has to be enabled by customer 1st. some companies ask the customer if it ok to have a master code in the system incase they forget/lose the code, otherwise its the backway in or defaulting.

customer knows im due to call in the afternoon but doesnt want to wait or give his code to his staff he can pre allow me access which lasts till the next time they set it

didnt like the idea of us using codes and or having our own fobs so sort of settled on using the chip number then at least someone has a record

Archived