Security Installer Community

Wireless Alarm

Hi all

I install alarm systems but only ever go with wired as i dont really trust wireless that much but i suppose they must of got a lot better by now. Anyway I have a domestic install but there house is mint and i have no alternative but to install wireless I have had a quick look online and it looks like the best ones could be Response, Infinite and have also seen a GSM on e-bay ???

Could any one tell me if these are any good and reliable or if not any other makes that will be reliable as I dont fancy loads of false alarms !!!as you can guess!!

Cheerz everyone

firstly apply for trade on this forum, get you on the other side where there is lots more info, but meanwhile contact gardtec / risco and enquire about the cpx panel and also do a search on this forum, loads of topics on wireless

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

firstly apply for trade on this forum, get you on the other side where there is lots more info, but meanwhile contact gardtec / risco and enquire about the cpx panel and also do a search on this forum, loads of topics on wireless

OK thanks for that I have been doin a bit of looking on the forums and some good answers

Heard good about the gardtec and also the rokenet

Will apply for trade now cheerz and thanks for post

OK thanks for that I have been doin a bit of looking on the forums and some good answers

Heard good about the gardtec and also the rokenet

Will apply for trade now cheerz and thanks for post

they are both made by risco [gardtec & rokonet] and you won't go wrong with the gartec GTX wireless gear.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all

I install alarm systems but only ever go with wired as i dont really trust wireless that much but i suppose they must of got a lot better by now. Anyway I have a domestic install but there house is mint and i have no alternative but to install wireless I have had a quick look online and it looks like the best ones could be Response, Infinite and have also seen a GSM on e-bay ???

Could any one tell me if these are any good and reliable or if not any other makes that will be reliable as I dont fancy loads of false alarms !!!as you can guess!!

Cheerz everyone

Hi

I can recommend the FM Electronics FM4000E Wireless, doesn't have many faults to date apart from a signalling problem. The system was installed in April 2001. When batteries are needed it is indicated on the panel.

Cheerz

Guest anguscanplay
Hi

I can recommend the FM Electronics FM4000E Wireless, doesn't have many faults to date apart from a signalling problem. The system was installed in April 2001. When batteries are needed it is indicated on the panel.

Cheerz

er that will be " has big fault " then wont it

Angus

have used scantronic and visonic in the past, there are several others which are well respected but i've not used.

for me Gardtec is the bee's nutts, trouble free - well after you have done a couple and got into the more quaint programming oddities :rolleyes: .

i find it always to be very good kit, so take the view why fix whats not broke?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
for me Gardtec is the bee's nutts, trouble free - well after you have done a couple and got into the more quaint programming oddities :rolleyes: .

i find it always to be very good kit, so take the view why fix whats not broke?

regs

alan

except for the new G3 radio contacts - sort it out risco

except for the new G3 radio contacts - sort it out risco

:hmm: G3 and errrr Radio Angus?

surely radio is only ever going to be G2? unless perhaps you do all door contacts no motion/shock detectors?

boy they were the days :'(

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
:hmm: G3 and errrr Radio Angus?

surely radio is only ever going to be G2? unless perhaps you do all door contacts no motion/shock detectors?

boy they were the days :'(

regs

alan

it is and it isnt - they now supply a G3 radio contact that detects magnet substitution but its that good it detects the door magnet and goes into tamper till you find the right DIP switch to turn it off and then they still ship it with the old instructions re RS??? connection

Archived