Security Installer Community

Accord Xpc Programming Problem

Polybear

Hi,

I have an unmonitored Accord XPC Panel that I wish to default the Engineer & Master User Codes (not the zone programming etc.) back to factory settings.

I have the Master Code but not the Engineer Code; the system used to be on contract but that was cancelled several years ago.

I have a copy of the installation manual and carried out the appropriate procedure to do this. However, all that happened was that I got a PA alarm. Is this because:

1. When you are instructed to power down the panel you also have to disconnect the internal battery? Presumably this means putting up with the Tamper going off until the procedure is complete?

**By removing both power supplies will the Zone programming etc. be lost, or is this held in non-volatile memory?**

And/Or:

2. The keypad buttons have to be held in?

Also, there is a Keyfob reader on the system. Presumably the Fobs are programmed to the current Master User Code, so will stop working when the system is reset to factory settings? I plan to restore the current Master User code - it's the Engineer Code that I need to reset.

I've deliberately avoided going into too much detail regarding the procedure for obvious reasons!

Thanks.

Brian

Guest anguscanplay
Hi,

I have an unmonitored Accord XPC Panel that I wish to default the Engineer & Master User Codes (not the zone programming etc.) back to factory settings.

I have the Master Code but not the Engineer Code; the system used to be on contract but that was cancelled several years ago.

I have a copy of the installation manual and carried out the appropriate procedure to do this. However, all that happened was that I got a PA alarm. Is this because:

1. When you are instructed to power down the panel you also have to disconnect the internal battery? Presumably this means putting up with the Tamper going off until the procedure is complete?

**By removing both power supplies will the Zone programming etc. be lost, or is this held in non-volatile memory?**

And/Or:

2. The keypad buttons have to be held in?

Also, there is a Keyfob reader on the system. Presumably the Fobs are programmed to the current Master User Code, so will stop working when the system is reset to factory settings? I plan to restore the current Master User code - it's the Engineer Code that I need to reset.

I've deliberately avoided going into too much detail regarding the procedure for obvious reasons!

Thanks.

Brian

as your been ignored everywhere you have asked this question i`ll be brief - usually the engineer code is locked in this situation and cant be changed and the beeping could be if you have removed the telephone line,

ring a couple of local firms and ask if they are aware of this panel

as your been ignored everywhere you have asked this question i`ll be brief - usually the engineer code is locked in this situation and cant be changed and the beeping could be if you have removed the telephone line,

ring a couple of local firms and ask if they are aware of this panel

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The system was never actually connected to the phone line (it's "Bells Only"). It's an ex-//.Large National Installer.// system. Is there perhaps a board jumper or software option that //.Large National Installer.// may have invoked during installation that prevents reversion to factory settings unless you know the Engineer Code? Which would defeat the object of the exercise......!!

Thanks.

polybear

Guest anguscanplay
Hi, thanks for the reply.

The system was never actually connected to the phone line (it's "Bells Only"). It's an ex-//.Large National Installer.// system. Is there perhaps a board jumper or software option that //.Large National Installer.// may have invoked during installation that prevents reversion to factory settings unless you know the Engineer Code? Which would defeat the object of the exercise......!!

Thanks.

polybear

if it was one of mine their would be - sorry proper security systems were never designed to be user programmable

Guest anguscanplay
Can anyone else help please? Thanks.

polybear

tell me mr bear what is your occupation - hm, my advise is still to get a local firm to look at it if they know the panel

tell me mr bear what is your occupation - hm, my advise is still to get a local firm to look at it if they know the panel

Hi,

Electronics Engineer in the aerospace industry. Have previously installed & programmed another alarm system without help/problems (Paragon Plus, RKP, 3 PIR, 2 Dual Tech PIR, 2 PA, SAB). Hope this helps.

polybear

Do you have the programming sheet marked with the programming options that your installer used to program the system?

Do you have the manual for reprogramming the fobs?

The accord XPC is a "particular" beast and is at best, awkward to program.

Whilst in essense if you know what you are doing, programming it is relatively easy, a certain amount of experience is required to diagnose any peculiarity or error in programming (becasue of the way it is programmed it is easy to accidentally program it wrong)

May I ask, what is your motive for reprogramming the engineer and user codes?

best regards

TSS

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Do you have the programming sheet marked with the programming options that your installer used to program the system?

Do you have the manual for reprogramming the fobs?

The accord XPC is a "particular" beast and is at best, awkward to program.

Whilst in essense if you know what you are doing, programming it is relatively easy, a certain amount of experience is required to diagnose any peculiarity or error in programming (becasue of the way it is programmed it is easy to accidentally program it wrong)

May I ask, what is your motive for reprogramming the engineer and user codes?

best regards

TSS

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have the programming sheet; I don't have the manual for reprogramming the Fobs (but losing the use of the Fobs wouldn't be a disaster anyway - we often disarm via the user code - but see below).

The aim is to reset the Engineer Code back to the factory setting (and by default the User Code is reset to).

There's nothing wrong with the current User Code - I'll simply restore it again (will the Fob stop working during factory settings, then start working again?).

The primary aim of the exercise is to obtain an Engineer Code for maintenance/test purposes etc.

I plan to do my homework using the installation manual prior to changing any programming settings etc. to minimise any risk of getting things wrong. That's why I asked the original questions on the Forum - I could quite easily have continued by taking panel covers off, disconnecting internal batteries etc. etc. in the hope that things would work out. Me - I far prefer to ask first....

Best Regards,

polybear.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have the programming sheet; I don't have the manual for reprogramming the Fobs (but losing the use of the Fobs wouldn't be a disaster anyway - we often disarm via the user code - but see below).

The aim is to reset the Engineer Code back to the factory setting (and by default the User Code is reset to).

There's nothing wrong with the current User Code - I'll simply restore it again (will the Fob stop working during factory settings, then start working again?).

The primary aim of the exercise is to obtain an Engineer Code for maintenance/test purposes etc.

I plan to do my homework using the installation manual prior to changing any programming settings etc. to minimise any risk of getting things wrong. That's why I asked the original questions on the Forum - I could quite easily have continued by taking panel covers off, disconnecting internal batteries etc. etc. in the hope that things would work out. Me - I far prefer to ask first....

Best Regards,

polybear.

Following the installers manual procedure is a simple task, but only if you have the knowledge and experience, if you are competent and persistant im sure you will acheive your required result. A qualified engineer should be called to assist, maybe post your location and email and someone can help out. other than this advice i cannot help, and, you will not be given any advise of this nature on this site unless you are a trade user.

Hope you sort it :hmm:

Archived