Security Installer Community

Optima Xm

dbeattie

a 17yr old optima, well done, now you have had very good value for money, but alas its time for a new one.......R.I.P. ;)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

a 17yr old optima, well done, now you have had very good value for money, but alas its time for a new one.......R.I.P. ;)

If it is"dead" then I would definetly go for another Optima.

Just a bit more info. If I put in the default code no defaulting info allowed then the alarm appears to work?. However I can't change the default back to my old code. I hope this sounds like a new battery job only!

Steady on, just because it's worked for 17 years does not mean you wil be getting another. It's given you good ervice but there a far better, and more modern panels out there you know. When you speak to the engineer, seek his advice. He will advise, hopefully, on what is right for the job based on his experience.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Just a bit more info. If I put in the default code no defaulting info allowed then the alarm appears to work?. However I can't change the default back to my old code. I hope this sounds like a new battery job only!

Press PROG

Enter old code (one that works)

Press 8 (zone lights 1,2,3 & 4 come on)

enter new code (system bleeps twice and returns to DAY

as the panel has defaulted, the external sounder will be set for 20 mins, exit/entry will be 30 seconds, as others have said, it is worth getting the panel checked out, after all, its cost you nothing :-)

Press PROG

Enter old code (one that works)

Press 8 (zone lights 1,2,3 & 4 come on)

enter new code (system bleeps twice and returns to DAY

as the panel has defaulted, the external sounder will be set for 20 mins, exit/entry will be 30 seconds, as others have said, it is worth getting the panel checked out, after all, its cost you nothing :-)

Hi guys. Just a quick update. battery replaced and alarm is now working fine.

Will still get an engineer in to give everything a service.

cheers

Dave Bt

Guest anguscanplay
Hi guys. Just a quick update. battery replaced and alarm is now working fine.

Will still get an engineer in to give everything a service.

cheers

Dave Bt

no you wont , you know you wont till next time it throws a wobbly

Archived