Security Installer Community

Optima Xm

dbeattie

Hi Guys. was wondering if anyone might be able to help. Have an Optima XM. The "power" and "day" led's are lit as per normal, however when I enter my code nothing happens. It appears the code is no longer recognised.

I have tried code change,alarm tests and alarm memory recall but as the system is not recognising my code I cannot do anything. The unit has been working fine and has not been tampered with in any way.

Any advice on how to get the system working again would be much appreciated.

cheers, Dave

Guest anguscanplay
Hi Guys. was wondering if anyone might be able to help. Have an Optima XM. The "power" and "day" led's are lit as per normal, however when I enter my code nothing happens. It appears the code is no longer recognised.

I have tried code change,alarm tests and alarm memory recall but as the system is not recognising my code I cannot do anything. The unit has been working fine and has not been tampered with in any way.

Any advice on how to get the system working again would be much appreciated.

cheers, Dave

me bets youve had a recent power outage

needs a new battery and a service , ring a couple of local ALARM firms and see who offers the best value

me bets youve had a recent power outage

needs a new battery and a service , ring a couple of local ALARM firms and see who offers the best value

Would definitely recommend above advice has the panel may now have developed a problem. Not unknown on this kit.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

blimey that was quick!

Thanks guys. Yes, you are right. Mains Electric went off today with the bad weather. Never really thought that might have caused the problem as over the years this kind of thing has never affected the alarm.

As you can tell I'm a bit of a thicko on these things but Just wondering why you think the battery needs replacing.

Will heed your advice and call a few alarm engineers later today.

Thank You once again for the advice

Guest anguscanplay
blimey that was quick!

Thanks guys. Yes, you are right. Mains Electric went off today with the bad weather. Never really thought that might have caused the problem as over the years this kind of thing has never affected the alarm.

As you can tell I'm a bit of a thicko on these things but Just wondering why you think the battery needs replacing.

Will heed your advice and call a few alarm engineers later today.

Thank You once again for the advice

the battery is stuffed - trust me ive changed loads today but when the power comes back on the panel tries to charge the battery as well as doing all the other stuff it needs to do , cant cope and throws a wobbly

the battery is stuffed - trust me ive changed loads today but when the power comes back on the panel tries to charge the battery as well as doing all the other stuff it needs to do , cant cope and throws a wobbly

No worries. I think I will try and replace the battery myself. If that doesn't work will call an engineer in. I assume the battery change is a fairly simple procedure?

Guest anguscanplay
No worries. I think I will try and replace the battery myself. If that doesn't work will call an engineer in. I assume the battery change is a fairly simple procedure?

unless its rebooted itself too

Guest anguscanplay
what will a "re-boot" do?

loose all its programming, get an engineer in to check it all out then you know its good for a few years more - unless the charging resistor has blown as well

loose all its programming, get an engineer in to check it all out then you know its good for a few years more - unless the charging resistor has blown as well

That doesn't sound good! I am going to go with the new battery install. Hopefully that will work. Think I will have to make a few enquiries and get the thing serviced. Yo be honest we inherited it with the house some 17yrs ago and this is the first time there has been a problem with it.

thanks for taking the time to help a newbie.

dave bt

Archived