Security Installer Community

Keystone Wireless Rcvr With Texecom

Hi There,

I am new to the forum, so would firstly like to say hello. Hello. :)

Could anyone give any advice, I have a Veritas Excel which I installed about 12 months ago, been working fine and very happy with it.

However, I now need to add another PIR, I have a spare zone which I will use on the panel, the problem is running the cable is not an option due to the location.

I have got hold of the Keystone wireless receiver and wirless PIR transmitter, I have the RX verison which has the two wire per channel output with relays.

I have tested this independently of the alarm and it works OK, however it appears to be a 'normally open' setup whereas all of my current PIR's are normally closed. I thought it may have been possible to invert the spare zone but reading the manual it doesn't seem to be the case.

Has anyone got any ideas as to how I could proceed?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

blueduck

wire it between zone and tamper, link out your spare zone, wire 1 side of your normally open device with 1 of the zone terminals, wire the other in with 1 of the tamper loop terminals, as per note 2 on page 14 of the installation manual

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

wire it between zone and tamper, link out your spare zone, wire 1 side of your normally open device with 1 of the zone terminals, wire the other in with 1 of the tamper loop terminals, as per note 2 on page 14 of the installation manual

thanks breff

I think I understand......its a bit late.

I am not using EOL, so the Tamper loop is not in place, each pir tamper is wired in series as per the diagram on p14 does this matter?

Also, when you say 'link out', is that as in bridge the zone with a paperclip type thing supplied originally?

Sorry I am not a professional so dont quite understand the terms.

Thanks a lot though....

thanks breff

I think I understand......its a bit late.

I am not using EOL, so the Tamper loop is not in place, each pir tamper is wired in series as per the diagram on p14 does this matter?

Also, when you say 'link out', is that as in bridge the zone with a paperclip type thing supplied originally?

Sorry I am not a professional so dont quite understand the terms.

Thanks a lot though....

yes, or a short core of cable

Archived