Security Installer Community

Dome Reccomendation

wombats

@Alpat Sytems

Thanks for the link but it is way over budget. Does look like a good cam though.

@SAB

Thanks but there doesn't seem to be anything within my budget.

You've got to make a choice, What you want costs money. You either pay for the right kit and be satisfied or compromise and be, well, seriously disappointed. Images may look good in day light but what do they look like played back from night time??

Quality costs. Also, why the reluctance for IR??

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

I do understand what you are saying Barooga and i thought that there may be some good bargains out there for a reasonable budget.I am prepared to move slightly on my budget but i don't want to go too high as if i do and the cam is still not right then i will be even more dissapointed.

Guest anguscanplay
I do understand what you are saying Barooga and i thought that there may be some good bargains out there for a reasonable budget.I am prepared to move slightly on my budget but i don't want to go too high as if i do and the cam is still not right then i will be even more dissapointed.

trust me you`ll be disapointed whatever your spending - needs thousands to get what you think you`ll get - it is atainable but not in the diy market

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks for that.I am still needing a cam though.If that is the case then am i better off just buying any cam?

any cam will give you a picture , if you want evidential quality it costs

Guest anguscanplay
What is the point of any cam if it can not give an image that can be used for evidential purposes?

that is just the point - there isnt one, you really didnt think Mr Plod the policeman was really going to rush round to look at your 1/4 inch picture of a kid in a hooded top and go " oh yeah thats johhny chav lets go nick him "

CCTV works and it works very well when its done right ( read expensive ), its done in real time , its viewed remotely and its done by an approved contractor, other than that its still quite good to watch the kids playing with.

Archived