Security Installer Community

Dome Reccomendation

wombats

I`m not been that generous the poster is going to be underwhelmed with whatever he buys been a non trade purchase so i would rather he buys something cheap and nasty and save his money for something usefull - like a trip to disneyland to see real mickey mouse stuff - than spend a little more and come back to the forum shouting how rubbish the result was

:whistle:

Still confused over the shutter speed thing.What do i look for and what is good and what is bad?

I looked at the image posted by Alpat systems,and although it is different shutter speeds i still don't know which is best.

Still confused over the shutter speed thing.What do i look for and what is good and what is bad?

I looked at the image posted by Alpat systems,and although it is different shutter speeds i still don't know which is best.

This gives an easy explanation about shutter speeds:

http://www.mediacollege.com/video/camera/shutter/

Thanks for that link. :)

Am i correct in thinking the higher it is the better it will be?

What speed is reasonable for a cctv cam?

Generally speaking yes, but there alot more to choosing a camera than just its shutter speed.

Lens Size

Resolution

S/N Ratio

Lux Level

etc etc........

A good camera will have a shutter speed of 1/50 - 1/120,000sec and above.

Guest anguscanplay
we use LJD digital security vandal domes . True day night. Only used Ir version

WWW.DIGITALVIDEOS.CO.UK

well you havnt used a true day night then have you if its got infra-red. It cant see in the dark it is a law of science you need a minimum lux level and out in the real world 0.00000001 lux just isnt enough to capture movement, yeah they look good when youre viewing a static image but you might as well take a photo and stick it over the monitor

rule of thumb - can you read a newspaper in the light available - no - then the camera isnt going to work without some form of suplimentary lighting

Archived