Security Installer Community

Advice On What Alarm System To Get

The title says most of it actually!!

New to the forum and wanted to get some advice as to what alarm system I should get for my new house. I'd prefer wireless and looking to add on smoke detectors and other dvices. Was leaning toward the ESP Infinite Prime system but wanted peoples experiences on what they have and what to avoid and why. Should I get it installed or do it myself?

Any help would be greatly apprecikated as I'm moving next week

Mass

Should I get it installed or do it myself?

Almost everyone here will say, "if you have the choice get it installed professionally".

That includes me, and I did mine myself for good reasons.

I'll leave it to the pro's to explain in more detail why.....

get it installed and let somebody else take the responsibility

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest anguscanplay

Mass

if your moving next week then thats the reason - you could spend three weeks just asking questions here

get two or three quotes from local firms then come back and ask which one to choose

angus

if your moving next week then thats the reason - you could spend three weeks just asking questions here

get two or three quotes from local firms then come back and ask which one to choose

angus

I could do that but any firm I go to will presumably push either their product or the product they'll get most benefit from surely? I'm after unbiased opinions so I can go to local installers with a better idea of what I want and then get prices.

I could do that but any firm I go to will presumably push either their product or the product they'll get most benefit from surely?

Why?

If they're professional (check the lists on this site) they should design a system to meet your needs.

Every firm has it's own favourites that they are familiar with, but that just means they are better at installing and maintaining it.

There are lots of opinions on here on what equipment is best, but from what I've seen there's plenty of choice, and maybe some to avoid (but not many). Get your quotes and put up a summary for comment.

Note that many of the people here are professional installers and they won't actually recommend any particular firm (or manufacturer) to you, but will happily tell you what to look for.

Guest anguscanplay
I could do that but any firm I go to will presumably push either their product or the product they'll get most benefit from surely? I'm after unbiased opinions so I can go to local installers with a better idea of what I want and then get prices.

i understand what you are saying but its taken me twenty years to find stuff that works properly and all youll get on a forum is people pushing the stuff they like . The days of panels having known bugs or different sensors having different threasholds have all been ironed out ( hopefuly lol ) its different from most comsumer purchases as the final specification rests with the installer and we need to be happy with the stuff we fit as its not going to be easy for you as a consumer to bring it back to us if it developes a fault.

decide if you want to fit it yourself or not and then you may get more focused advice about the things to watch out for but if im fitting it you get no choice over the equipment fitted

regards

angus

New to the forum and wanted to get some advice as to what alarm system I should get for my new house. I'd prefer wireless and looking to add on smoke detectors and other dvices. Was leaning toward the ESP Infinite Prime system but wanted peoples experiences on what they have and what to avoid and why. Should I get it installed or do it myself?

Mass

tbh your asking a fairly impossible question to answer, if i asked you which car i should buy, you might then get an idea. am i a plodder or a speed freak, do i have more dogs than just a wife or 10 kids.

to answer you properly we would need to know what level of technical skill (or drive) you have, also what you are protecting and the value, this affects the type of villian (or fire risk) you migh be expected to suffer and so sytem sophistication.

so as properly suggested earlier, invite 3 or 4 pro's to advise and quote, but don't tell any of them what the others have said or suggested, that way you will get the best untainted advice to choose from - i'd hope :cold2:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived