Security Installer Community

Intruder annual service

Hi,

I just wondered what tests others carry out during a yearly intruder service?

Im begining to think I do a little too much,

I always measure zone/tamper resistance, zone voltage, RKP voltage, system currents/voltages, as well as the usual detector clean out,

log check and clear, hold off test etc

Would be interested on what you do, and what paperwork you give to customers.

Im mainly electrical at the mo, but want to have the right procedures in place as I feel its important.

many thanks

Dom

Hi,

I always measure zone/tamper resistance, zone voltage, RKP voltage, system currents/voltages, as well as the usual detector clean out,

Im mainly electrical at the mo, but want to have the right procedures in place as I feel its important.

many thanks

Dom

check the client has had no problems like occasional difficult setting, ensure they understand how to use their system properly in part set and so on and how to read the log, good preventive routines like close the windows check doors are securely held before setting etc.

check the system is adequate for there needs, ask about hobbies to see if they have taken up antique clock collecting what ever recently. visual check of cables in for rodent/mechanical damage.

where door contacts are fitted i take comparative measurements with door open hen closed several times to look for cracked reeds shown by differing readings between operations.

good preventive maintenance and servicing is not just about what you can read on a meter and tick on the call sheet ;)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi,

many thanks

Dom

try and get them to keep a written log of any problems too, regs require it on a fire alarm i think.

Archived