Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 Battery Replacement

Guest anguscanplay
Hi,

The back-up battery for my Veritas 8 alarm has died and after being quoted what I thought to be quite a steep price to replace and fit it by a local electrician (

Hi,

The back-up battery for my Veritas 8 alarm has died and after being quoted what I thought to be quite a steep price to replace and fit it by a local electrician (

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

have you already opened the panel , if so replace the battery like for like, beware of the mains wires they are live and could kill you, but that is the easy bit, if the dead battery has been in for quite a while, then the charging circuit may be damaged, hence checks should be made to see if it is okay, if it is not, and you will not know unless you check, it may well kill your new battery in a short space of time, and you would never know. there may be other problems , hence the need for a alarm engineer..

thing is it time for a service which would included a health check for the alarm and a new battery, best thing is to get a pro in and pay for the peace of mind. sorry if this is not what you wanted to read.

ok, that's all I need to know - better to be alive and

Guest anguscanplay
I wouldn't have said so, bought online, postage packing, overheads proffit etc it all adds up.

ahh the internet, finds the cost of everything and the value of nothing

o/p made the right choice

angus

i find these kind of post's fascinating, to pay a guy for his time and supply the battery and take all the responsibility and all for

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived