Security Installer Community

Delay Before Exterior Siren Sounds

Guest anguscanplay
Is there any way one can configure this panel so that there is a delay before an exterior siren joins in with the internal sounder in signaling an alarm? This would be of benefit to spare neighbors of false alarm annoyances. Thanks for any assistance.

hi timothMcDermott

im assuming that there is no insurance requirment for instant bells on htis install

angus

hi timothMcDermott

im assuming that there is no insurance requirment for instant bells on htis install

angus

You are correct. There is no insurance requirement, however this is immaterial as the current (interior) sounder activates instantly. It is only an additional (external) sounder I wish to delay. Any further advice would be appreciated.

You need to speak to your installer as this will require access to the engineering menu of the system and its possible the feature may not be available.

Guest anguscanplay
You are correct. There is no insurance requirement, however this is immaterial as the current (interior) sounder activates instantly. It is only an additional (external) sounder I wish to delay. Any further advice would be appreciated.

alarmgard beat me to it - you need to speak to your installer/service company as to whever what you want to do can be achieved with the system you have

is the alarm currently certified by one of the recognised installers

its quite comman to have two ply entry but i would be careful what you describe as immaterial

angus

Guest anguscanplay
Guys the system is in Atlanta!

safe to tell him i dont like the tone of his typing then - he will never find me lol

same advise though - get in touch with the installer/ service company

Archived