Security Installer Community

Delay Before Exterior Siren Sounds

Thanks Alan,

My client may well be satisfied with both the internal and external sounders being on a brief delay, but I'll investigate why false alarms are such a concern in the first place. He may merely be like me, however, and simply yank open the door on the way out without remembering that he had armed himself in.

Tim

hi tim,

i would strongly advise against sugesting total delay on siren's. the two ply timer Angus suggested is only active on the entry route so only initiated by the final door contact or detector, which might be fine for your neeeds but as you have asked for more features i'd assume has not doine the trick, think it may be on UK panels only?.

most intrussions are 'done and dusted' within 45 seconds, but the loss and damage caused can be into thousands.

if he is a bit of a 'plonker', then either use a long exit timer, or use 'final door set' and (if the panel has the feature) delayed set by 5 - 10 seconds (for any hall detectors to settle). impress on him if the alarm is armed and he has to return for any reason for say a forgotten item, he must turn it back off again - NO SHORT CUTS ALLOWED and definately not just grab that forgotten bag and run out again.

best of luck

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived