Security Installer Community

Optima Alarm Problem

After a recent power cut my optima xm4 alarm showed 2 of the zone lights lit up as well as the power light....I have since been unable to reset the alarm back to day mode....I have tried removing the front cover and disconnecting the back up battery. None of this seem to work. I noticed though, on reconnecting the back up battery if i played around with the connection i got the lights to change and was hearing a faint sound. I then pushed the mains fuse back in and got the alarm to go off but was unable to reset, all buttons seem to be dead. It is now left with the zone light out and just the red power light lit up. can any one point me in the right direction ??

it could be a number of problems by the sounds of it, i would reccomend that you give your local alarm engineer a call to carry out service on the alarm.

Trade Member

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice!!

Martin Hanfo

CCTV - Intruder Alarms - Access Control - Security Lighting - Locks

Covering South Wales

07903 967045

After a recent power cut my optima xm4 alarm showed 2 of the zone lights lit up as well as the power light....I have since been unable to reset the alarm back to day mode....I have tried removing the front cover and disconnecting the back up battery. None of this seem to work. I noticed though, on reconnecting the back up battery if i played around with the connection i got the lights to change and was hearing a faint sound. I then pushed the mains fuse back in and got the alarm to go off but was unable to reset, all buttons seem to be dead. It is now left with the zone light out and just the red power light lit up. can any one point me in the right direction ??

As alreay said it could be a number of things, you say 'when i play with the connection' do u mean the battery cable? it could be the charging board that has gone on the panel.

Its a funny old game........

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks for your help. Is the battery inside not just a secondry power supply to the mains in case of power cuts.

problem is when you try to power up with a dead battery the system cannot cope

Archived