Security Installer Community

External Alarm Cable

andymac

there seems a lot of tip toeing arround the edges of regs in this thread.

what is wrong with a legnth of electrical conduit specifically designed for direct burial and the mechanical protection of high voltage cables (even water pipe - here we go again :rolleyes: ), then use standard low voltage alarm cable withint it?

seems KISS should be more prevalant.

regs

alan

Read my post again Arfur, copex is standard plastic electricial conduit and I suggested using alarm cable within it......... :hmm:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Read my post again Arfur, copex is standard plastic electricial conduit and I suggested using alarm cable within it......... :hmm:
in 4# and also 11# you went for armoured? overkill way and well above whats needed imo

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

there seems a lot of tip toeing arround the edges of regs in this thread.

what is wrong with a legnth of electrical conduit specifically designed for direct burial and the mechanical protection of high voltage cables (even water pipe - here we go again :rolleyes: ), then use standard low voltage alarm cable withint it?

seems KISS should be more prevalant.

regs

alan

I hope you dont mean hose pipe LOL

in 4# and also 11# you went for armoured? overkill way and well above whats needed imo

regs

alan

I also said;

"If you want a really cheap job not to standard but will work, buy a roll of 20mm copex flexible conduit and pull an alarm cable into it before burrying it >18" under ground. Copex is waterproof and as long as both ends are inside it should be ok, don't forget to use tampered joint boxes inside if you have too!"

Armoured is the only cable suitable for direct burial so not overkill in any respect....... :)

Edited typo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

bloody metrification 300mm aint 36 inch is it drrr

Angus, are you now a smaller man then you used to think you were...... :whistle:

Have you honestly been trenching things at 3' depth?

My Amateur Radio Forum

Guest anguscanplay
Angus, are you now a smaller man then you used to think you were...... :whistle:

im big enough to take the blame where it belongs and as soon as dear old dad gets back from his latest jaunt i`ll fill him in :bruce_h4h:

never dug a trench myself i just always thought it was 3 foot - thats what the man checking our mains feed said as well - but if anyone needs me to call and backfill a trench because they acted on my erronamous advise they can get stuffed :P

i have a very long memory be afraid lol :ph34r:

however have a quick look at this link http://www.corningcablesystems.com/web/lib...ILE/005-012.pdf

3' deep??...they don't go that far down now adays when they dig the footings for a house!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
3' deep??...they don't go that far down now adays when they dig the footings for a house!!!!

one mistake - it just takes one mistake and there on you like vultures - must be an easier way to find out who youre real friends are

youll be telling me next that cable doesnt have to be clipped every 4 inches lol

whats 600mm in feet then

Archived