Security Installer Community

Guardtec 580

I am not much of an expert when it comes to a) security systems or the internet but I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me:

We have a Guardtec 580 that was installed by the previous owners. They left for us a 'Master Code' (though I am unable to use it to set a new code for any of the Master Levels).

When I try to set (SE) the system the display panel indicates that there is a problem with one of the zones (an entrance/exit rather than one of the PIRs). I cannot trace the wire from the sensor to the control panel.

I would be happy to try and fix the sensor (if I knew what I was supposed to be doing) or remove it from the system (so that the system could be armed with a User Code without the need to use the Master Code/Remove Zone/Set option that I'm using at present) but I've run out of ideas

Grateful for any help

Kind Regards

Scottster

Guest anguscanplay

hi there and welcome to the forum

first it sounds as if you dont actually have the master no could you confirm what happens if you enter the number ie does it buzz straight away?

hi there and welcome to the forum

first it sounds as if you dont actually have the master no could you confirm what happens if you enter the number ie does it buzz straight away?

When I put the 'Master' Code in there is a short tone (approx 1 sec) then it goes off and the display shows SE. I can access the menu (SE/rE/tE etc). I can change some of the User Codes (Uc) but when I try and change a Master Level (User 4/5) after I insert a 4 digit code the screen returns to Unset (Un).

Guest anguscanplay
When I put the 'Master' Code in there is a short tone (approx 1 sec) then it goes off and the display shows SE. I can access the menu (SE/rE/tE etc). I can change some of the User Codes (Uc) but when I try and change a Master Level (User 4/5) after I insert a 4 digit code the screen returns to Unset (Un).

fine dont worry about the code changing yet as we could have a whole other thread about the correct way to do it

problem - the fault is on the final exit device which cant be disconnected for the obvious reason that you would then have no way of getting in or out of the house without the alarm sounding

really its an engineer job but in the first instance you could check that the contact = on the frame and the magnet = on the door are aligned correctly ie tops in line - most contacts will work upto 20mm apart so if the door has dropped it can cause a problem

have you recently had any work done in the property - carpets,joiners plunbers etc who may have damaged the cable

fine dont worry about the code changing yet as we could have a whole other thread about the correct way to do it

problem - the fault is on the final exit device which cant be disconnected for the obvious reason that you would then have no way of getting in or out of the house without the alarm sounding

really its an engineer job but in the first instance you could check that the contact = on the frame and the magnet = on the door are aligned correctly ie tops in line - most contacts will work upto 20mm apart so if the door has dropped it can cause a problem

have you recently had any work done in the property - carpets,joiners plunbers etc who may have damaged the cable

Good stuff. After investigation this morning, I've established that it is the sensor that is broken (the reed switch from the contact is missing). Do you know where I could get a replacement

And thanks for your help

Guest anguscanplay
Good stuff. After investigation this morning, I've established that it is the sensor that is broken (the reed switch from the contact is missing). Do you know where I could get a replacement

And thanks for your help

where abouts in nottingham are you?

Archived