Security Installer Community

Galaxy 16 Wiring

Current

First of all let me apologies for asking something that is the basic of installing. I'm an electronics engineer but this is the first alarm that I try to install, it's for a friends house and he bought it on eBay.

I understand the programming bit, it's just a question of reading the manual and I did that. But the manual doesn't show how to wire it up and from what I read in this forum it's not easy to get the control panel manual. That's why I need to ask for some help in wiring the PIR detectors. I understand that EOL resistors are needed but I don't know how to connect them. The idea is to control 7 areas (entry/exit,living room,guest room,kitchen,back door,master bedroom and office against intrusion, nothing fancy for now maybe I can try new things when I get the basics).

Each "room" is a zone. So I need to understand how to wire a detector against intrusion and tamper using the connections displayed bellow. I cannot understand the fact that 2 wires are needed to signal a tamper condition but there's only one connection marked "TAMPER" in the control panel (BTW is an ADMECO MICROTECH CP171)

Also I need to understand how to connect an A D T Bell Box to these terminals. I already enable the ENG terminal to do the commissioning, it's already powered trough the HOLD outputs and the BAT wire is connected to H+. How do I connect the terminals for bell and strobe, once again only one output...?

Thanks in advance for any help you could give

P.S. Is there any place to connect the TEST connection?

post-12435-1176901242_thumb.jpg

All the wiring information is in the engineering manual, in the first instance I would suggest that you contact the supplier for support, as they have sold you the product. Unfortunately this site is does nt provide engineeing manuals.

Please also refrain from circumventing these forums word filters Mutiple postings on the same subject, simply because nobody has answered your query, will not get a quicker response, it will get all posts removed. Please not many people regard these panels as professional panels and as such they will not support DIY queries on them.

This site has an excellent search feature, terms like eol wiring or end of line wiring may be fruitful.

All the wiring information is in the engineering manual, in the first instance I would suggest that you contact the supplier for support, as they have sold you the product. Unfortunately this site is does nt provide engineeing manuals.

Please also refrain from circumventing these forums word filters Mutiple postings on the same subject, simply because nobody has answered your query, will not get a quicker response, it will get all posts removed. Please not many people regard these panels as professional panels and as such they will not support DIY queries on them.

This site has an excellent search feature, terms like eol wiring or end of line wiring may be fruitful.

To be fair if the wiring information was on the manual I would not ask the question...

Regards

To be fair if the wiring information was on the manual I would not ask the question...

Regards

Galaxy is not meant to be sold for the D.I.Y market and i don't think it is in anybodys intrest in supporting a bit of //.Large National Installer.// kit no matter where it was sourced from :cold2:

I figured it out by myself and the alarm is working.

Can I have at least a bit of your guys help regarding the BELL connections (Return, Test,etc) and the Tamper circuits from the detectors to the Control Panel?

Thanks

Galaxy is not meant to be sold for the D.I.Y market and i don't think it is in anybodys intrest in supporting a bit of //.Large National Installer.// kit no matter where it was sourced from :cold2:

Tamper on the detectors is dealt with by EOL.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I figured it out by myself and the alarm is working.

Can I have at least a bit of your guys help regarding the BELL connections (Return, Test,etc) and the Tamper circuits from the detectors to the Control Panel?

Thanks

If you got that working you need a medal. The panel is the most horrible thing to have came out of Microtech / Honeywell.

The wiring to the panel is two wire. This takes care of your alarms and tampers. Being an electronics engineer you will understand the principle of resistors. Wire one panel wire into tamper. Wire a 1K resistor from the second tamper to the one side of the alarm. Connect a second 1K resistor from the same alarm terminal to the other alarm terminal and connect in 2nd panel wire. The principle is 1K is normal - 2K is alarm and open circuit is tamper.

As for bell, 12v to hold off. Tamper to T and R to the bell picture, from memory the eco sounder flashes the strobe at the same time as sounder therefore only one input, I think.

You would be far better scrapping the galaxy 16 and getting a Texecom Veritas R8 plus.

Good luck

Dave

If you got that working you need a medal. The panel is the most horrible thing to have came out of Microtech / Honeywell.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the mention, it took a bit of thinking but I got there after several hours. It wasn't with the help of your fellow forum members that didn't provide any help. I know it's a sensitive area of business but it was the first time in 5 years living in this country that I didn't found anyone willing to help apart from you. It seems that all of your colleagues protect themselves against anyone who doesn't need professional help so that in the end they need to call a professional installer...

Thanks for your explanations

Regards

Archived