Security Installer Community

Patrolling Security Guards

Thankyou angus for sticking up for me.

It's not a case of getting at you sparky. The OP never mentioned cameras, so you can't assume they exist. If they did, are they in the right locations??

However, it is the guards who are being monitored, and they are the ones usually controlling the cctv.

The customer requires reports/evidential logs, hence the requirement for a system that tracks personnel movement and stores the info gathered.

There is a system matching requirements in the 2007 ADI-Gardiner catalogue.

My company recieved an inquiry today (from a valued customer) asking us to advise him how to audit his security guards,by this I mean to check that they patrol his site at night and don't just sit drinking tea...now I'm sure that I have seen a system wherby the guards carry a kind of portable bar code or mag swipe reader that they have to swipe every door on a site (small piece of magnetic tape affixed beside the door) that logs the time of each check to make sure these are carried out .Does anyone know where these can be bought or where I can find out any more info on them?...thanks in anticipation

hi ccchicane,

i think several of the bigger companies offer the tag on the wall system and then send you a log of the visits, cost more no doubt bit like itemized billing on phones.

a cheapy way i can think of is a simple voice dialler calling a dedicated answer phone, guard go/s to an external key pad types code 1, so generates a guard arrived message, second code generates guard left message. client check answer phone/voice mail which also gives time and date stamp to message, deletes old calls after checking times, any missing visits has a good moan.

if the alarm system is sophisticated enough, this could record the visits using a 'monitor' zone wired to the keypad. client checks log

just a few of the many ways to skin this cat though, depends how suspicious he/she is and budget allowed to be sure.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
hi ccchicane,

i think several of the bigger companies offer the tag on the wall system and then send you a log of the visits, cost more no doubt bit like itemized billing on phones.

a cheapy way i can think of is a simple voice dialler calling a dedicated answer phone, guard go/s to an external key pad types code 1, so generates a guard arrived message, second code generates guard left message. client check answer phone/voice mail which also gives time and date stamp to message, deletes old calls after checking times, any missing visits has a good moan.

if the alarm system is sophisticated enough, this could record the visits using a 'monitor' zone wired to the keypad. client checks log

just a few of the many ways to skin this cat though, depends how suspicious he/she is and budget allowed to be sure.

regs

alan

still doesnt prove its the security guard and that they have done a sweep of the premises which is what the original question asked for

still doesnt prove its the security guard and that they have done a sweep of the premises which is what the original question asked for

That's why it is only effective on Access systems if it has many readers.

The Guard patrol packages allow for many 'tags' to be placed in the relevant strategic locations. All tags have to be scanned in sequence giving an audit trail of guard activity which can be compared to planned schedule.

The trick is to get the route planned correctly.

Remember, the guard is responsible for the reader, just as everyone is responsible for their prox cards.

Guest anguscanplay

The Guard patrol packages allow for many 'tags' to be placed in the relevant strategic locations. All tags have to be scanned in sequence giving an audit trail of guard activity which can be compared to planned schedule.

Remember, the guard is responsible for the reader, just as everyone is responsible for their prox cards.

still dont prove its a security guard though

ive got it - another set of guards to check the first ones - perfect

no i dont trust anyone anymore either

very true angus on a simple system (hint -: read again the bit on 'budget'), nothing to stop several keypads or readers being installed around a building, then you get patrols sequence of area's checked so you can enforce random patrols, add in a few door contacts reasonable job done at a budget price.

regs

alan

still dont prove its a security guard though

ive got it - another set of guards to check the first ones - perfect

no i dont trust anyone anymore either

Get yourself off to the Canaries!

On a slightly more serious note though, i thought all guards were supposed to be vetted. Sitting there drinking tea all night. If you ask me it's criminal. :whistle:

Hi Cubit,

not meant to be the final answer, just the basis of a cost effective system. without any knowledge of the building or clients actual detailed requirements/budget this is just an alternative 'launch pad' to start from, as i said many ways to skin this cat.

regs

alan

Hi Cubit,

not meant to be the final answer, just the basis of a cost effective system. without any knowledge of the building or clients actual detailed requirements/budget this is just an alternative 'launch pad' to start from, as i said many ways to skin this cat.

regs

alan

Don't worry Alan. I know.

It's something we deal with in our line on a daily basis.

Andrew

Archived