Security Installer Community

Patrolling Security Guards

My company recieved an inquiry today (from a valued customer) asking us to advise him how to audit his security guards,by this I mean to check that they patrol his site at night and don't just sit drinking tea...now I'm sure that I have seen a system wherby the guards carry a kind of portable bar code or mag swipe reader that they have to swipe every door on a site (small piece of magnetic tape affixed beside the door) that logs the time of each check to make sure these are carried out .Does anyone know where these can be bought or where I can find out any more info on them?...thanks in anticipation

My company recieved an inquiry today (from a valued customer) asking us to advise him how to audit his security guards,by this I mean to check that they patrol his site at night and don't just sit drinking tea...now I'm sure that I have seen a system wherby the guards carry a kind of portable bar code or mag swipe reader that they have to swipe every door on a site (small piece of magnetic tape affixed beside the door) that logs the time of each check to make sure these are carried out .Does anyone know where these can be bought or where I can find out any more info on them?...thanks in anticipation

Couple of options here.

If the company already have an existing Access Control system and assuming the system has the relevant reporting options, the guards can be give a card and an event log can be run checking on their movements.The more readers the system has, the more accurate the reports will be.

Alternatively, and the one i think you may be referring to is the Guard patrol solution.

Basically, tokens are mounted to the wall at strategic locations, the guards are ussued with a reader (looks like a torch), they walk round the site, place the reader on the fob and this is then recorded in memory in the reader. The reader is then plugged into base station and event log downloaded.

There are sevaral of these systems and some can be found regularly advertising in the monthly trade mags.

:)

couldn't you just replay the cctv every once in a while??

What have you been smoking??

Where did it mention cctv?? even if they had it, what evidence would the client have?? Oh, and who would check the cctv footage. Now, let me think, ah, i know, the security guards...while they are drinking their tea eh??

Sorry mate, but think it through.

Guest anguscanplay
What have you been smoking??

Where did it mention cctv?? even if they had it, what evidence would the client have?? Oh, and who would check the cctv footage. Now, let me think, ah, i know, the security guards...while they are drinking their tea eh??

Sorry mate, but think it through.

to be fair though it could be the tea lady who swiped the reader so i would advise both

Guest Sparky169
to be fair though it could be the tea lady who swiped the reader so i would advise both

Thankyou angus for sticking up for me.

Guest anguscanplay
On the night shift??? :huh:

some of the guards i meet at half past bedtime on callouts wouldnt scare my cat

we have had this problem before were a 24hr guard was used by his firm to do keyholding as well so needed to check it was the man loging in - cured it in the end as they had to hand the card back every morning

Archived