Security Installer Community

Move Pir (scantronic 816/931)

We have bought a house with a Scantronic 816 and a 931 keypad. I have demolished a wall and the PIR in that room now "sees" an area that messes up the night setting. To fix this I need to put it in another corner.

These are the instructions I have:

Go into Programming Mode (00:PROGRAM SYSTEM)

Turn off the mains power in the house

Disconnect the PIR, reroute the wire and reconnect the PIR

Leave Programming Mode

It would be good if someone could check this for me before I touch anything. Is this all I need to do or should I set the zone to NU or something while I move it?

Many thanks

We have bought a house with a Scantronic 816 and a 931 keypad. I have demolished a wall and the PIR in that room now "sees" an area that messes up the night setting. To fix this I need to put it in another corner.

These are the instructions I have:

Go into Programming Mode (00:PROGRAM SYSTEM)

Turn off the mains power in the house

Disconnect the PIR, reroute the wire and reconnect the PIR

Leave Programming Mode

It would be good if someone could check this for me before I touch anything. Is this all I need to do or should I set the zone to NU or something while I move it?

Many thanks

My thoughts on such a job, based on general logic and problem fixing (not alarm-specific though I installed mine) are:

1. Run a new cable, don't reuse the old one.

2. If you know how to, it makes sense to "turn off" the specific zone while you're working rather than leave the alarm in engineers mode for a long time. Remember you'll need to deal with the tamper loop as well though.

Guest anguscanplay
My thoughts on such a job, based on general logic and problem fixing (not alarm-specific though I installed mine) are:

1. Run a new cable, don't reuse the old one.

2. If you know how to, it makes sense to "turn off" the specific zone while you're working rather than leave the alarm in engineers mode for a long time. Remember you'll need to deal with the tamper loop as well though.

and the power pair if the battery is connected - will the scanner be right in the new corner from a false alarm pov

with the amount of work you are doing to the system it may be that you would be better doing the first fix wiring etc then get an engineer in once at the end to recommision the system and give it a clean bill of health rather than experiance lots of little problems

angus

my post count is 666

:sofa1:

And going up.............................Rapidly.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Thanks Andy - I'm not sure how to "turn off" things. I'd assumed that if I was in programming mode and had the mains power off all I needed to do was keep the wire ends isolated while I moved things. I'm assuming I can leave the tamper loop wired like for like in the new position.

Hi Angus - I don't think false alarms should be a problem in the new position. Yes I'm going "get an engineer in". The system was under service contract with the previous owner. Their engineer was kind enough to give me the Engineer Code when I contacted them which makes me inclined to use that company myself. The next service is due soon so once I've done my fixing I'll get them in to check I haven't wrecked everything.

Archived