Security Installer Community

How Do I De-activate Optima Xm Alarm

rele

a flat battery may not be your only problem, but most electrical whole salers will be able to sell you a battery. replace it like for like. city electrical factors are the nearest electrical wholesalers to me, also maplins do the batteries.

if or when you open the panel, beware of mains voltage, isolate before if possible.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Hi,

I have just moved into a new home and have Optima XM alarm. I am trying to de-activate the alarm as I need to switch the electricity supply off in the house but alarm keeps going off everytime I do that. Is there a switch or code I could enter in the alarm panel to de-activate it or do something else. I cannot find anything in the manual to suggest what to do!!!

I would appreciate if you could help...

Thanx

Hi - Just found your post whilst having the same problem myself with the Optima xm alarm. I wanted to turn the electric off last week to fit a new door bell switch - so when I did the flipping alarm went off outside the house????

It never used to be like this and ive had it for years - and I realise now that its a basic model but its served me well.

Right can anyone tell me also what the problem is and do I have to get someone to come out and install a new battery or something please?

I would like simple answers as I am a woman and although I can do most things I cant do this !

Advice please - mandy

Hi - Just found your post whilst having the same problem myself with the Optima xm alarm. I wanted to turn the electric off last week to fit a new door bell switch - so when I did the flipping alarm went off outside the house????

It never used to be like this and ive had it for years - and I realise now that its a basic model but its served me well.

Right can anyone tell me also what the problem is and do I have to get someone to come out and install a new battery or something please?

I would like simple answers as I am a woman and although I can do most things I cant do this !

Advice please - mandy

You will definately at least need a new battery, there may be other problems though, your panel has a common problem that causes damage to the main circuit board, it may be best to employ the services of a local alarm engineer.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

You will definately at least need a new battery, there may be other problems though, your panel has a common problem that causes damage to the main circuit board, it may be best to employ the services of a local alarm engineer.

Thanks very much Glenn

At least I have an idea now and will get someone out to look at it - I will call in at a small electicians shop I know as I am told they fix peoples alarms

regards mandy

Archived