Security Installer Community

How Do I De-activate Optima Xm Alarm

rele

Hi,

I have just moved into a new home and have Optima XM alarm. I am trying to de-activate the alarm as I need to switch the electricity supply off in the house but alarm keeps going off everytime I do that. Is there a switch or code I could enter in the alarm panel to de-activate it or do something else. I cannot find anything in the manual to suggest what to do!!!

I would appreciate if you could help...

Thanx

Hi,

I have just moved into a new home and have Optima XM alarm. I am trying to de-activate the alarm as I need to switch the electricity supply off in the house but alarm keeps going off everytime I do that. Is there a switch or code I could enter in the alarm panel to de-activate it or do something else. I cannot find anything in the manual to suggest what to do!!!

Thanx

You need a new battery in your panel, if you wanna remove the alarm completely you'll have to remove the bell box, or just let it sound off till that battery runs flat too.

Hi,

Thanx

Realistically, if you didn't install it yourself, don't have the engineers manual and are not familiar with alarms you need a professional to disable the alarm effectively and safely. They are after all designed to be difficult to "kill".

As an earlier poster said it sounds like the battery has failed too, so the whole thing will need servicing anyway. Probably best to decide if you want it to work again and then speak to a few local companies to get some ideas on costs.

Realistically, if you didn't install it yourself, don't have the engineers manual and are not familiar with alarms you need a professional to disable the alarm effectively and safely. They are after all designed to be difficult to "kill".

As an earlier poster said it sounds like the battery has failed too, so the whole thing will need servicing anyway. Probably best to decide if you want it to work again and then speak to a few local companies to get some ideas on costs.

I think the alarm is working fine. You may have misunderstood my question. I am basically wanting to do some electrical wiring at home but when I switch the electricity supply to the house the outside alarm bell rings. I believe this is how the alarm is designed to work (correct me if I am wrong). In order for me to do my wiring work I want to disable the outside bell from ringing. Can this be done through the alarm panel or do I need to remove batteries from the outside bell to stop it from ringing when I switch power suplly at the fuse box???

I think the alarm is working fine. You may have misunderstood my question. I am basically wanting to do some electrical wiring at home but when I switch the electricity supply to the house the outside alarm bell rings. I believe this is how the alarm is designed to work (correct me if I am wrong). In order for me to do my wiring work I want to disable the outside bell from ringing. Can this be done through the alarm panel or do I need to remove batteries from the outside bell to stop it from ringing when I switch power suplly at the fuse box???

No, it's NOT designed to do that and it's NOT working fine. It should continue to operate 100% normally through a power outage of several hours (maybe even days) on its batteries.

That's why everyone has given you the advice they have. :whistle:

Guest anguscanplay
No, it's NOT designed to do that and it's NOT working fine. It should continue to operate 100% normally through a power outage of several hours (maybe even days) on its batteries.

:yes:

only 100% all of my installs operate 110% so :sothere:

Sparky169 if you have nothing of value to add to a post, please refrain from posting.

The original poster has an issue that he needs to switch off his alarm, which in turn has shown he has a fault that needs attention by a competant person.

This makes much more sense. Thank you very much for your advise. Now I need to think what to do!!! :bruce_h4h:

• 2 weeks later...
This makes much more sense. Thank you very much for your advise. Now I need to think what to do!!! :bruce_h4h:

If the battery is flat, is it possible to recharge the battery or do I need to buy a new one, if so where can I get hold of one.

Archived