Security Installer Community

Microsoft Virtual Pc

Security Technician

i was told that if i downloaded microsoft virtual pc 2004 sp1 i would be able to run dos based programs, ie morley fire 5 etc

downloaded the program etc but i cant see how this works, has anyone done this, or recomend another way of doing?

am using a pcmia serial port adapter which i am told will work in dos rather than usb

thanks

i was told that if i downloaded microsoft virtual pc 2004 sp1 i would be able to run dos based programs, ie morley fire 5 etc

downloaded the program etc but i cant see how this works, has anyone done this, or recomend another way of doing?

am using a pcmia serial port adapter which i am told will work in dos rather than usb

thanks

Have you loaded DOS on the virtual??? Think you'll have success if you do.

I've used some software called DosBox to run old Dos Games, google it.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

i thought that but guy who told me reckoned he jst downloaded, went through setup wizzard and selected ms dos operating system

With Virtual PC or equivalent you must have the relevant OS installed. Otherwise the programmes simply won't install. It's a great tool for testing various software without risking your main partitions.

With Virtual PC or equivalent you must have the relevant OS installed. Otherwise the programmes simply won't install. It's a great tool for testing various software without risking your main partitions.

Type bootdisk into google and you'll find all you need....... ;)

Archived