Security Installer Community

sound bombs

Guest futaba

Guest futaba

hello all

Up until last week my alarm system in my workshop kept false alarming on a regular basis usually in the middle of the night at around 2.30 am to 3.00am. I was off work with the flu and the damn alarm went off again, as you can guess I was not very happy. I silenced the alarm and whilst feeling rather rough decided to give the panel a dose of the rubber mallet treatment thinking well that won't get me out of bed anymore.

The next day thinking what did I do that for, I purchased a new accenta g3 panel and a sound bomb to go with it. I have now finished wiring in the alarm and thankfully no problems and all is well but............

Looking at the circuit board there is no output for a secondary sound device other than an extension speaker and an auto dialler/light controller. There is an output for a strobe light on alarm activaton but not sure how many m/amps this will take, the sound bomb is 6-15v 190ma , could i use this output to drive the sound bomb I wonder or has anyone got any advise as to were I can pick up the feed for this.

The reason for fitting the s/bomb is that the alarm bell is actually inside the workshop so as the burgalar can't get access to it and even if they do get in the sound bomb would be in the second part of workshop next to my intercom system which runs to my bedroom, that should wake me up I'm thinking...........

Any help and advice would be very much appreciated

with thanks

futaba

Shouldnt be a problem to wire it between the bell hold off positive and bell trigger negative, the bell and strobe are protected by a 1 amp fuse.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived