Security Installer Community

Visonic Powermax Plus - User Code Not ****

nikolz

Hi all

I have just received a new Powermax Plus control panel, the default installer code works fine and I went through the process of setting the system up before I realised the default user code does not work (****).

Can you help, this is my first Powermax Plus system and after I had realised the user code is not **** I did a factory reset (loosing all my hard work) but the code **** does still not work . .

Is there another code or do you think this is a faulty unit?

Can't help other than to say the code you have is not a Master Installer or Installer code, as you have just received a new panel, don't you have the manual, it's all there?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

This does not sound like a new panel to me as this is not the way into engineer mode on the new panels the user has to grant access with their code before the engineer code is entered. What you are telling me is the way into engineering on the old software. Sorry I'm not able to help with that as I only installed 1 in that version software about 2 years ago. If you are a registered installer you could ring visonic in the morning and they might able to help you.

Thanks

This does not sound like a new panel to me as this is not the way into engineer mode on the new panels the user has to grant access with their code before the engineer code is entered. What you are telling me is the way into engineering on the old software. Sorry I'm not able to help with that as I only installed 1 in that version software about 2 years ago. If you are a registered installer you could ring visonic in the morning and they might able to help you.

Thanks

cheers for the quick reply. The manual states that the default code for the installer is either **** (or in some cases the unit will have two and the second is ****)

The user s guide states that the default user code is ****.

The option for making it so that the user grants access is configurable from the Installer mode, the manual states that the installer does his/her bit first. I can not understand how a user could enter their code first if the system had never been installed and the installer was supplying the system?

How do I know what version I have, also is the firmware/software upgradeable?

Can't help other than to say the code you have is not a Master Installer or Installer code, as you have just received a new panel, don't you have the manual, it's all there?

I have both manuals, the "User's Guide" and "Installer Guide"

The codes I have are Master Installer "****"

Installer "****"

User Master "****"

No default codes guys in public, please sort out by PM.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

No default codes guys in public, please sort out by PM.

Hi, my messenger account can be obtained by PMing me if anybody is online . . the code are available from google for for ones I have mentioned and the PDF manuals can also be found easily through Google. Sorry for putting them on the forum though, I will edit the posts.

I suggest you and Flying boy use the PM facility built within these forums, there is no need to put any email details in the public domain then.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Hi, my messenger account is chris_nicholls@becta.org.uk if anybody is online . . the code are available from google for for ones I have mentioned and the PDF manuals can also be found easily through Google. Sorry for putting them on the forum though, I will edit the posts.

Just noticed they've already been blanked :P

Archived