Security Installer Community

Visonic Powermax Plus - User Code Not ****

nikolz

Like I said it sounds like old software I installed over 50 of these systems and like I said only 1 about 2 years ago goes into installer mode like this. I would recommend that you ring Visonic in the morning but they may not help you. You could be trying to program from a new manual but old software. Sorry I can't be any more help than this. If you want to post your location someone on the site may be able to come and program the system for you. I can't offer any more advice than this as I would not have a company if all advice was free. This is not really a DIY panel.

Thanks

Like I said it sounds like old software I installed over 50 of these systems and like I said only 1 about 2 years ago goes into installer mode like this. I would recommend that you ring Visonic in the morning but they may not help you. You could be trying to program from a new manual but old software. Sorry I can't be any more help than this. If you want to post your location someone on the site may be able to come and program the system for you. I can't offer any more advice than this as I would not have a company if all advice was free. This is not really a DIY panel.

Thanks

I am not a DIY person, I have installed a few hundres alarms and never had an issue where the manual does not state the facts, I just wanted to save myself the hassle of calling a manufacturer and actually get advice of people that could give me a quick answer. I will awaite advice from other members who may be more helpfull. What is the point in having a forum if you can not get answers?

Guest anguscanplay
I am not a DIY person, I have installed a few hundres alarms and never had an issue where the manual does not state the facts, I just wanted to save myself the hassle of calling a manufacturer and actually get advice of people that could give me a quick answer. I will awaite advice from other members who may be more helpfull. What is the point in having a forum if you can not get answers?

sorry but i am going to have to say ;

apply for trade membership

calling the manufacturer and actually get advice off people that could give you a quick answer is the correct course of action

it says at the top of the page that you wont get programming information

sorry but i am going to have to say ;

apply for trade membership

calling the manufacturer and actually get advice off people that could give you a quick answer is the correct course of action

it says at the top of the page that you wont get programming information

I do not require programming information, I had completed the installation including the dialup and X10, I have also configured the GSM setup. All the systems was ready, and at this point I was ready to configure the user settings, all PIRs, door sensors, smoke detectors and X10 equipment is in place and tested.

I apologise for being a new member and understand that you may think I am new to this, but as I mentioned earlier the manuals that came with the product should give the correct code, I can even photograph the manuals to prove I have them but I assume this will make to difference. I only hope that you never require help from me on another subject. I have never need to use a forum for alarms before as they are very simple to configure, my issue is a default code issue not a technical one. The configuration was easy until the default user code that was stated in the manual did not work.

The option for making it so that the user grants access is configurable from the Installer mode, the manual states that the installer does his/her bit first. I can not understand how a user could enter their code first if the system had never been installed and the installer was supplying the system?

I don't know this panel but it seems obvious to me from the manual, Master Installer code, and Installer code, they do their job first.

User Master code (it's there as a default like the other two)

The option to have the User grant access to the Engineer is selected via User Permission section 4.4.35 on page 13 of the Install manual - this is optional

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest anguscanplay
Hi all

I have just received a new Powermax Plus control panel, the default installer code works fine and I went through the process of setting the system up before I realised the default user code does not work (****).

Can you help, this is my first Powermax Plus system and after I had realised the user code is not **** I did a factory reset (loosing all my hard work) but the code **** does still not work . .

Is there another code or do you think this is a faulty unit?

i aint going to argue this all night but a little servitude goes a long way

i have nothing more to say on this subject

I don't know this panel but it seems obvious to me from the manual, Master Installer code, and Installer code, they do their job first.

User Master code (it's there as a default like the other two)

The option to have the User grant access to the Engineer is selected via User Permission section 4.4.35 on page 13 of the Install manual - this is optional

cheers for the reply, The code for the installer workes fine and I completed that park of the configuration, and I understand about the setting for the User Permission, but this would then require the user to enter their password before I could go back into the installer mode and it is the default user password that does not work so I would then be stuck. I also noticed that you can remove the installer menu from the main list "normal . . User . . etc) and it would then be under the user settings menu, but it is the default password for that menu that does not work and is stopping me completing the installation. This was new from the box yesterday so I would assume that the default user password in the manual should have worked as does the Installers password. It looks like I will have to resort to contacting the manufacturer . . my pet hate :(

The main reason for not wanting to return this unit is because I have already installed the hardware :(

i aint going to argue this all night but a little servitude goes a long way

i have nothing more to say on this subject

I agree, I did not join this forum for an argument, all I wanted to know was could the default user code be different from the manual or could it be a faulty unit . . simple .

Possibly this unit has been returned to a shelf and may not be defaulted for some reason. As has been stated nikolz, if you apply for trade status, we can then give you all the help you require.

It is forum policy not to give out panel defaulting help in public sections, I am sorry you are not gaining the help you require. Complete your trade application and I will process it tommorow.

Regards Dave.

Archived