Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Series 24 Installation Problem

MissEllie

Hello everyone , I've just completed an installation and when I power up the alarm goes off and shows alarm and tamper on all zones , and refuses to reset using either the engineer code or the user code . I held the default button as I powerred up as it says in the book , till the led stopped flashing , so it should have gone to default settings . Any ideas ?

Thanks all

If you can't take a joke there's not a lot of point reading my posts is there ?

Hello everyone , I've just completed an installation and when I power up the alarm goes off and shows alarm and tamper on all zones , and refuses to reset using either the engineer code or the user code . I held the default button as I powerred up as it says in the book , till the led stopped flashing , so it should have gone to default settings . Any ideas ?

Thanks all

Power on - alarm goes off - enter user code to silence alarm - Don't worry that it shows alarm and tamper at this stage as its not programmed yet so just ignore displays

then enter engineer code to enter engineer programming.

If that dont work it sounds like an awkward one as you should always be able to silence the alarm and get into engineer mode. Check your wiring...

Thanks all

Check your data lines, you may only have data flowing to the keypad and not returning. Try wiring the keypad on a fly lead direct at the panel. Also make sure that T goes to T and R to R.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived