Security Installer Community

Port Forwarding

Russ

hi i need to set a bt 2wire router to port forward, for remote access to a samsung dvr. The dvr uses ports 554 - 557. I've put the machine onto a local network but obviously i cannot login via internet.

Can someone help?

cheers

RussellMorris

www.securesolutions.org.uk

hi i need to set a bt 2wire router to port forward, for remote access to a samsung dvr. The dvr uses ports 554 - 557. I've put the machine onto a local network but obviously i cannot login via internet.

Can someone help?

cheers

RussellMorris

hi Russ,

if you phone BT help from the site they may remote in and do it for you, if not google 'port forwarding' and you will get to a page showing you how.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Can someone help?

cheers

RussellMorris

Hi Russ,

Do you have an external Static I.P address?, if not have a quick read at these posts:

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...mp;#entry158058

Loads of help on port forwarding here:

http://portforward.com/routers.htm

Can someone help?

cheers

RussellMorris

Port forwarding is usually pretty simple to set up, so can you explain a bit more what your problem is?

e.g. No manual

Manual doesn't explain how to do it

Can't understand the manual

Don't understand port forwarding

Can't get into router admin menus

etc.

2wire has a good online support section with all the manuals in and much more at www.2wire.com :rolleyes:

There are also some links (use search) elsewhere in this forum to web pages describing the overall process for setting up access to DVR's in this scenario.

• 1 month later...

Port forward 554-557 on TCP

8000 - 8159 on UDP

if you bought the Samsung SHR2162P or SHR2042P DVR from Aasset Security, they are the official UK (and Europe) importer of the Samsung Electronics DVRs - ring their tech support on 01908 230830 or 0845 2308330

You will need the serial number of the unit on the left hand side begins 6VSPxxxx

BT tech support can set this up but wont if you tell them its for a DVR! Also avoid DMZ as this does not work particularly well with this router and DVRs.

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Forgot to mention, change the remote management port of the router to something like 51003 as it is then outside the port range used by the DVR

Also, in my experience most problems are caused by the router's firewall or incorrectly configured services

Make sure that each service is correctly configured for inbound and outbound traffic

best of luck

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Can someone help?

cheers

RussellMorris

Hi, IIRC on the 2-wire you get into admin in Internet Explorer through http://ip_address_of_router/management

Then in FIREWALL you can set the the ports to forward to specific network devices. When I forwarded ports to our email server, I'm sure the 2-wire scans the local area network and identifies the PC's. DVR, etc by their MAC address.

On a PC you find the MAC address by typing ipconfig/all at a command prompt. On a DVR it's probably somewhere in the on-screen set up function or on a sticker on the outside of the unit.

I found the CD-ROM & BT user guide that came with my 2-wire router absolutely useless and I had to download the proper installation guide and user guide from 2wire themselves. I've got them as PDF's - PM me your email address if you want them

Jacko

On a PC you find the MAC address by typing ipconfig/all at a command prompt. On a DVR it's probably somewhere in the on-screen set up function or on a sticker on the outside of the unit.

Jacko

Yes mac address on LHS of unit on a silver sticker, beneath the bar code

TSS

TSS

Archived