Security Installer Community

Dvr With Long Recording Time

Ish

after double checking there was a typo in the email sent to me. only up to 30 days worth of footage is needed. This makes it easier now to choose a suitable dvr :) Thanks all

I have noted the part about motion detection as well which makes a huge difference to how much recording can be done. cheers.

Guest anguscanplay
after double checking there was a typo in the email sent to me. only up to 30 days worth of footage is needed. This makes it easier now to choose a suitable dvr :) Thanks all

I have noted the part about motion detection as well which makes a huge difference to how much recording can be done. cheers.

tell me cctv guys the pros and cons of motion detection

Pros=less hd space, easier to find events.

Cons=a bloke is going to scratch your car, you record him walking up to it, then only his hand is moving not causing enough motion possibly to record, then you record him walking away, there may be no footage of the damage occuring, how do you prove it was him?

Lots of events due to plants moving about, spider crawling across lens, cobweb infront of lens blowing in wind etc.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I must say the more I look at the spec of the dvr365 the more I like it.

Who does the best price on the 16 channel one? It does not matter if it is a trade only supplier.

Also who supplies the smart 2 one as well?

Thanks

Guest anguscanplay
Pros=less hd space, easier to find events.

Cons=a bloke is going to scratch your car, you record him walking up to it, then only his hand is moving not causing enough motion possibly to record, then you record him walking away, there may be no footage of the damage occuring, how do you prove it was him?

Lots of events due to plants moving about, spider crawling across lens, cobweb infront of lens blowing in wind etc.

so both would allow me to see quickly if someone had walked past and then real time to watch the events happen

Now your learning.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Hi

Which DVR's on the market will allow recording from 16 cams @ 6fps and hold 3 months worth of recording?

I've seen the dvr365 so far which you can add internal hd's to but are there any cheaper alternatives?

Thanks

Take a look at these

http://www.cctvdirect.net/p310181/Vguard-1...-Compliant.html

and don't be put off by the other stuff on the site!

The same machines are used by a very large retail chain.

Built in UK they are PC based DVRs that record in H.264 and will give you the record time you are after with the 2000Gb drive option.

Software does all the usual tricks and video quality on remote view is some of the best I have seen.

H.264 codec makes the best of good low noise cameras. I have a Samsung with SNR on an outdoor scene that only uses 90Mb per hour at night and thats at 25fps D1.

The video quality is hard to believe for such small file size.

Archived