Security Installer Community

Dvr With Long Recording Time

Ish

Hi

Which DVR's on the market will allow recording from 16 cams @ 6fps and hold 3 months worth of recording?

I've seen the dvr365 so far which you can add internal hd's to but are there any cheaper alternatives?

Thanks

So we are talking 100fps nearly at constant record for 3 months, wow thats a lot of hard drive, by my reckoning about 160gb per day..................but it is late and I have had a few beers, so if anyone else knows better.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Which DVR's on the market will allow recording from 16 cams @ 6fps and hold 3 months worth of recording?

with out knowing the file size, a brace of external drives spring to mind

I've seen the dvr365 so far which you can add internal hd's to but are there any cheaper alternatives?

cheap? you don't want much for your money do you, by the way have you finshed any of the projects for this islamic mosque thingy your involed with? eg mini dome to film conferences & do dvd distribution of them ect..... have you made any progress regarding the cctv system at all, as part of it was not working at one time? (if I recall right)

Hi

Thanks

There is no cheap way to do exactly wot you want here ish! if the job cannot carry the real cost and the customer cant be made to see the sense of cutting back on recording requirements then i should tell them it is not possible for the money they wish to spend and if necessary walk away!!!!!! if the cost is not a problem we can give you an A4 sheet of options!!

Paul.

The reason we would like up to 3 months worth is mainly for easy access to the footage as soon as we need to check anything.

What about mjpeg/mpeg4 dvr's? These seem to hold a lot more footage than traditional dvr's?

Mr Happy, all previous projects are complete :)

The reason we would like up to 3 months worth is mainly for easy access to the footage as soon as we need to check anything.

What about mjpeg/mpeg4 dvr's? These seem to hold a lot more footage than traditional dvr's?

To stick with the spec you are probably going to need multi terabyte memory regardless of the compression system and probably talking in the direction of a RAID storage system!!---not cheap.

Guest anguscanplay

motion detection? why record nothing happening for three months?

Archived