Security Installer Community

Burgled This Week!

DanScotland

(I take it, the proximity bit would be a warning the property is alarmed? not heard of this)

That's because it is unlikely that that is what proximity is in the context you're read it.

as an aside I am going to contact one of the wireless router manufacturers to see / suggest they could have a good product opportunity, as they have sold lots of home units that can handle multiple wireless units, why not utilise them for home security, I do not need to add another 40 computers to my wireless network, but a half dozen or so contact switches and cctv cameras, with good software, would set off alarm, phone you, record images etc.. sounds to obvious..

So rather than a detector having a few components in it, maybe a few more for wireless, we need to now have each detector contain a PC so that it can do everything over TCP\IP.

Battery changes will be profitable at least, as they'll have to be done every week.

Guest anguscanplay
That's because it is unlikely that that is what proximity is in the context you're read it.

So rather than a detector having a few components in it, maybe a few more for wireless, we need to now have each detector contain a PC so that it can do everything over TCP\IP.

Battery changes will be profitable at least, as they'll have to be done every week.

touchy tonight arnt we

dear danscotland

proximity means the perimitor of the building is protected either with contact or impact detector

the thing with your wireless idea is many of us have been doing this for too long and the alarm industry has established practises and rules and regs often someone with no security background will come up with an idea that was discounted many times in the past

ask for advise and you will get as much as you need but if you think you can do it better they will close the shop and go home

as a cctv installer for the domestic market

alarm first

cameras second

have far too much footage of break-ins on my laptop taken from customers systems to demo why cctv not a deterent

Or he could go the whole hog:

smoke cloaks, sonic sounders, and strobes.

Let the *%$

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Second post, & a bit late in the day but....................... As I said in my introduction some 15 mins ago. I have 4 cams.

1. At the backgarden overlooking the back door. 2. Another at the front, looking a the parking area where my car is. 3. Overlooking the entrence to myhouse & 4. Overlooking the playing area where my kids play.

Now these are wired to my standalone DVR which is networked. This goes into my wireless router with a static IP. The router is connected to the internet. I have remote access to the router & the DVR (with 4 cams) anywhere in the world from an internet connection. I have this setup up so when my ISP changes the IP address (dynamic) it sends to my e-mail address, so that way I know what URL (ip) to enter inmy (a) browser to access the DVR software & view the CAMs. They are day & night cams, verygood quality, by the way the DVR is Harddrive recorded. I have it set for detection on all, & certain areas. As soon sa it detects it sends an e-mail with the images (.jpg) to an e-mail address, and 5 minutes of .avi to my web page (unlimted size). This is verygood to have, but as one or two people said, CCTV is not 100% deterent, but it makes me sleep good. By the way, I forgot to say I have an alarm also.

banerae.

• 3 months later...
... these are wired to my standalone DVR which is networked. This goes into my wireless router with a static IP. The router is connected to the internet. .... I have it set for detection on all, & certain areas. As soon sa it detects it sends an e-mail with the images (.jpg) to an e-mail address, and 5 minutes of .avi to my web page (unlimted size). This is verygood to have, but as one or two people said, CCTV is not 100% deterent, but it makes me sleep good. By the way, I forgot to say I have an alarm also.

banerae.

I like the sound of this DVR setup. I'm about to start work on my own system over the next few weeks but I'm struggling to decide on the DVR. My budget is around

Archived