Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9800 Error Message

Landlady

Hi, I have a scantronic 9800 alarm installed in a let property. It is showing the following message "Fault" "Service" & "5 r" Obviously it needs servicing but as we don't currently have a service contract does anyone know what the 5 r means so that I can tell the service engineer before they come out in case they need some parts. Also does anyone know of a good firm in the Abingdon/Oxford/Wantage area that doesn't charge enormous sums of money, but is reputable? I have managed to find two that would quote me but seems a lot of money! Thanks :unsure:

Hi, I have a scantronic 9800 alarm installed in a let property. It is showing the following message "Fault" "Service" & "5 r" Obviously it needs servicing but as we don't currently have a service contract does anyone know what the 5 r means so that I can tell the service engineer before they come out in case they need some parts. Also does anyone know of a good firm in the Abingdon/Oxford/Wantage area that doesn't charge enormous sums of money, but is reputable? I have managed to find two that would quote me but seems a lot of money! Thanks :unsure:

It may be Sr which would be a sounder fault, that would mean the sounder box outside has been tampered or has gone faulty in some way. It could also be a cable fault to the bell but this would be less likely. I haven't worked on one for a while but one of the others will confirm this or correct it.

Edit: Typo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Guest anguscanplay

luggsy i am afraid you are wrong this time

SR stands for system restart which means that the system has been totally powered down at some stage and has had the power switched back on

the best action would be to call a local company to service the system including a battery change as this will have been totally discharged

most 9800 fault codes are simply the initial of the fault

fb flat battery

tr bellbox switch

c1 curcuit one

quite often a 9800 will crash if powered up with a duff battery in situ and they need the nvm refreshing which is a job for a proffesional instaler

SR stands for system restart which means that the system has been totally powered down at some stage and has had the power switched back on

the best action would be to call a local company to service the system including a battery change as this will have been totally discharged

fb flat battery

tr bellbox switch

c1 curcuit one

quite often a 9800 will crash if powered up with a duff battery in situ and they need the nvm refreshing which is a job for a proffesional instaler

Thanks anguscanplay and luggsey for your replies I will pass this on when I arrange an engineer call-out. :rolleyes:

fb flat battery

tr bellbox switch

c1 curcuit one

It's been a while on Scanny 98's! I did say I wasn't sure!

I have got the book in the shed but it's p'ing with rain so I guessed!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

im in oxford and im often in abingdon i will send you a pm with my number

pete .................

Any comments/opinions posted are my own and not that of my employers.

fb flat battery

tr bellbox switch

c1 curcuit one

bf is battery fault..but your right on the rest.. :P

Archived