Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 Reset To Default Query

BeelzebubUK

Hello. I've had a Veritas R8 system installed for over a year now and there are a couple of things I'd like to change (introduce a new part set and change the mode of the hallway sensor on the full set). But I need the engineer code to change these which I don't have.

Rather than get the installation company out to do it and charge me I'd prefer to reset, change the engineer code (I would feel safer knowing that nobody else knows it) and set it up myself.

So to get to the point of this post I was wondering what will happen when I've done the reset to default and put the power back on. Is there anything I have to be aware of that could cause any problems ? I do have a wireless sensor in the garage and a telephone dialler installed as part of the system so will these cause any problems that I'll wish I'd just called out an engineer in the first place ? :)

Thanks for any advice.

This community will not divulge control panel defaulting instructions to standard members. Neither will this community provide Engineer/Installation manuals for any control panel or other security equipment.

The programmed engineer code can be locked to the panel and you may render the panel useless if you default.

Get your engineer to make any changes you need, no doubt the system may also need to be serviced.

we don't use veritas panels but have serviced a few and didn't know that the engineer code could be burnt in is this most panel they make or just higher grade one's just for future use (would,nt like to get caught out )

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

All sorted Post closed.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived