Security Installer Community

Aritech Dd105c

ashjack98

I have a battery & bulb test circuit (3v) and I'm connecting the open ends of the wires to alarm pins 3 & 4 figuring that the bulb would light when the alarm triggers.... but it never does.

As Chris replied the other day "

1=0v

2=12v

3 and 4 Alarm N/c contacts

6 and 7 Tamper contacts

Make sure jumper 2 is on the bottom 2 pins of the 4k7 resisitors will be in use

J1 & J2 are in the positions indicated on the diagram on the PIR (at the top) - if I move to the bottom then the LED never lights up...

Thanks for your help.

Think you'll find with your test arrangement the light will go out when triggered, does your bulb light up with the wires shorted together?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Think you'll find with your test arrangement the light will go out when triggered, does your bulb light up with the wires shorted together?

Yes, when the wires are touched together on my test circuit the bulb lights up, so all is ok there..... when I put the test circuit onto pins 3&4 then nothing happens at all....

It should light up when the detector does NOT sence movement, do you definately have 12v feeding the pir?

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest anguscanplay
yes, the PSU is definately definately putting 12v in - I have also checked with multimeter....

you have 12v into the 12v pos and neg terminals of the pir correct then link the neg terminal to one side of the alarm pair inside the pir then go from the other terminal of the alrm pair to the neg of the bulb connect the pos of the bulb to the pos of the battery and voila if the pir triggers the light will go off

be patient when you first apply power some pirs can take ages to stabalize and close the contact for the first time

you have 12v into the 12v pos and neg terminals of the pir correct then link the neg terminal to one side of the alarm pair inside the pir then go from the other terminal of the alrm pair to the neg of the bulb connect the pos of the bulb to the pos of the battery and voila if the pir triggers the light will go off

be patient when you first apply power some pirs can take ages to stabalize and close the contact for the first time

Success ! It's working now, thanks very much for your help.

Ashley

Guest anguscanplay
Success ! It's working now, thanks very much for your help.

Ashley

feel free to keep repeating this post everyday if you would lol

post if you need help again

angus

feel free to keep repeating this post everyday if you would lol

post if you need help again

angus

this thread has now been fully served, thankyou Angus not even a battery mention in site :rolleyes: - Arfur

:closed:

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived