Security Installer Community

Aritech Dd105c

ashjack98

I have been given an Aritech DD105c PIR for a project to connect a camera to a PIR - the problem I have is that apart from the power I don't know how to wire it - what actually happens on the pin-outs when the PIR detects movement ? I have tried wiring it various ways and have had the multimeter on the pins but nothing ever seems to happen, could the PIR be broken ? It definatley works to some extent as the red LED strobes....

Any help and advice gratefully received.

I have been given an Aritech DD105c PIR for a project to connect a camera to a PIR - the problem I have is that apart from the power I don't know how to wire it - what actually happens on the pin-outs when the PIR detects movement ? I have tried wiring it various ways and have had the multimeter on the pins but nothing ever seems to happen, could the PIR be broken ? It definatley works to some extent as the red LED strobes....

Any help and advice gratefully received.

hi ashjack98,

chris has posted the pin out's.

with power applied, as the led operates you should hear a faint click from the relay as the led go's on and off. with the led off you should read about 15 - 20 ohms from 'C' to 'NC' (due to internal current limit resistor). the 'tamper' is the lid contact, when closed or defeated will show a circuit on ohms.

not sure how you will achieve your project aims though with just this alone, you will need some sort of link or interface to the camera equipment.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks for the advice folks, I get the clicking sound from the relay, but apart from that there is nothing at all happening at the contacts, I guess it must me a faulty unit, in which case I'll buy something else - can anybody recommend a PIR that would be sensitive enough to detect a mouse sized object with both heat and movement detection ? The PIR would only be required to 'look' at an area of about 6ft square.

(as you have probably guesed, I know very little about PIR's - but have already made the equipment to activate my digital camera, all I need is a small electrical pulse to turn it on...)

cheers,

Ashley

I have fitted thousands of DD105 and I doubt its a faulty unit, are you sure your a in the alarm pair.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Thanks for the advice folks, I get the clicking sound from the relay, but apart from that there is nothing at all happening at the contacts, I guess it must me a faulty unit, in which case I'll buy something else - can anybody recommend a PIR that would be sensitive enough to detect a mouse sized object with both heat and movement detection ? The PIR would only be required to 'look' at an area of about 6ft square.

(as you have probably guesed, I know very little about PIR's - but have already made the equipment to activate my digital camera, all I need is a small electrical pulse to turn it on...)

cheers,

Ashley

hi Ashley,

you might have problems detecting mice with pir's designed for intruder, they tend to ignore them as obviously intruders come in a bigger size and we don't want false alarms. might work if you position as to get the mouse real close. for this purpose i'd go for a cheap and nasty as you can get from Ebay as what you need is what we hate in our game.

have you thought of using a ir beam, maplins do a book by b.babanni on simple alarm projects to make, gives you all the bits you need to buy, it is very straight forward if you can wrestle with a soldering iron.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I have a battery & bulb test circuit (3v) and I'm connecting the open ends of the wires to alarm pins 3 & 4 figuring that the bulb would light when the alarm triggers.... but it never does.

As Chris replied the other day "

1=0v

2=12v

3 and 4 Alarm N/c contacts

6 and 7 Tamper contacts

Make sure jumper 2 is on the bottom 2 pins of the 4k7 resisitors will be in use

J1 & J2 are in the positions indicated on the diagram on the PIR (at the top) - if I move to the bottom then the LED never lights up...

Thanks for your help.

hi Ashley,

you might have problems detecting mice with pir's designed for intruder, they tend to ignore them as obviously intruders come in a bigger size and we don't want false alarms. might work if you position as to get the mouse real close. for this purpose i'd go for a cheap and nasty as you can get from Ebay as what you need is what we hate in our game.

have you thought of using a ir beam, maplins do a book by b.babanni on simple alarm projects to make, gives you all the bits you need to buy, it is very straight forward if you can wrestle with a soldering iron.

regs

alan

Thanks Alan, I'm using an IR beam at the moment - the PIR is stage 2 of the project!! The PIR will be loads better as I can then scan a small area rather than having to rely on a beam being broken.

Thanks for your help,

Ashley

Archived