Security Installer Community

Pet Sensitive Alarms

CraigM

Guest Alarm Guard

My advise:

The best way to acheive good security at reasonable cost with low false alarm risk would be to have am alarm installed with the facility to arm part of the system when the dogs are left at home, and all the alarm set when you take them out or go on holiday.

Look for an installer here: CLICK

My advise:

The best way to acheive good security at reasonable cost with low false alarm risk would be to have am alarm installed with the facility to arm part of the system when the dogs are left at home, and all the alarm set when you take them out or go on holiday.

Look for an installer here: CLICK

nah i want an alarm that can be fully armed with pet sensitivity the reason is they are worth alot of money the dogs i mean, and we have had previous attempts at burgalary....

Guest Alarm Guard
nah i want an alarm that can be fully armed with pet sensitivity the reason is they are worth alot of money the dogs i mean, and we have had previous attempts at burgalary....

In that case, as they are worth a lot of money and you have had previous attempts, when you contact an alarm installer tell him and he will tell you your best options including pet immune detectors.

In that case, as they are worth a lot of money and you have had previous attempts, when you contact an alarm installer tell him and he will tell you your best options including pet immune detectors.

Can you get a pet immune detector that would fail to see a dog that is 24 stone???????? :whistle:

Guest Alarm Guard
Can you get a pet immune detector that would fail to see a dog that is 24 stone???????? :whistle:

Door contacts, IR beams, Vibration sensors, accoustic detectors placed correctly are pet immune.... additionally, he said that they can grow to that size but he wants protection now, and they could be small puppies at the moment needing protection that they perhaps won't need when fully grown.

As I said, he needs an installer to decide on the correct detection.

Guest Alarm Guard
you COULD also mount a conventional pir at waist height up side down :rolleyes:

Yep, you could do that if you wanted to kid yourself that it was now pet immune.

It would ruin the look of a nice room, be a likely cause of false alarms, be subject to being accidentally covered, be at risk of accidental damage and would leave a gap in the security.... but other than that it would be fine.

Yep, you could do that if you wanted to kid yourself that it was now pet immune.

It would ruin the look of a nice room, be a likely cause of false alarms, be subject to being accidentally covered, be at risk of accidental damage and would leave a gap in the security.... but other than that it would be fine.

NOPE it would be pet immune and if it is tested properly it should'nt false alarm or leave a gap in security....and it is at the customers say so....how do you think it was done before pet immune detectors???....i must admit i would'nt do it that way but i have seen it quite a bit

mjw, you might have seen a few 'pet alley' lens pir mounted at waist height but they were far from ideal and only worked if cats didnt clibs, or dogs jump on the sofa look out the window etc. I have only once in my career seen a pir mounted upside down, and this was to cover a staircase from the hall!!! DIY install BTW

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived