Security Installer Community

Vodafone At Home

Has any of you guys got experience of Vodafone at home?

We are Vodafone's best friends and I hate BT. Is this service any good?

cheers

Dave

I wouldn't bet on it BT have issues, but better the devil you know I'd say.

The older I get, the faster I was.

Has any of you guys got experience of Vodafone at home?

We are Vodafone's best friends and I hate BT. Is this service any good?

cheers

Dave

It looks very similar to the package i've moved onto with Orange. Difference is, i only pay

Do enlighten us as to why you hate BT

You asked for it:-

When we moved from our home address to office we asked BT to provide our lines and Internet in our office. We had some woman phone up and sell us BT Business Plan and BT Business Internet with static IP.

We moved into the office and never had any comms from BT at all. Luck have it the lines were live but no net. Eventually we guessed our login details and all worked ok for a while. The Internet was cronically bad. We were promised 8Mb but only got 1Mb. The call centre clamed distance from the exchange, I could have threw a stone at the exchange from our window.

After the year expired we were presented with a bill for

That's VoIP though is it not? So you still need a BT line for the ADSL.

If the Vodafone service is the same then you'll never get rid of BT.

Looking at the web blurb, line rental appears to be paid to Vodaphone. Whether this is a 'safe' move will probably depend on personal experience. Some people seem to have had major problems with their new service providers. At least when your land line is on BT it is a known constant.

The Orange scheme keeps the line with BT but you only need to have basic line rental. Yes VOIP for the free calls but so far, quality seems good.

Andrew

Looking at the web blurb, line rental appears to be paid to Vodaphone. Whether this is a 'safe' move will probably depend on personal experience. Some people seem to have had major problems with their new service providers. At least when your land line is on BT it is a known constant.

The Orange scheme keeps the line with BT but you only need to have basic line rental. Yes VOIP for the free calls but so far, quality seems good.

Andrew

But you get BT regardless. If you have the line with BT you normally get BT. When you are with a 3rd party, you get the Openreach muppets.

Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. We moved lock stock the lot to talk talk and easily moved the line rental etc.. back to BT. We did this as we couldn't go from Talk Talk to Vodafone, always have to go via BT, what is that all about?

Dave

But you get BT regardless. If you have the line with BT you normally get BT. When you are with a 3rd party, you get the Openreach muppets.

Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. We moved lock stock the lot to talk talk and easily moved the line rental etc.. back to BT. We did this as we couldn't go from Talk Talk to Vodafone, always have to go via BT, what is that all about?

Dave

Hi Dave

If you have good service from Vodaphone and i assume you have all the company phones with them so they should be treating you kindly, then it seems a reasonable deal. what would be the implications of not keeping existing phone number? (noticed this on the web site).

Orange give me an 0845 number but as i keep my BT line and thus the number, this is not a problem for me.

Andrew

When you are with a 3rd party, you get the Openreach muppets.
I was under the impression that Openreach worked in so much as BT were also their customers? Are not most OR engineers outsourced, certainly the two I have dealt with were clueless.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived