Security Installer Community

Accenta 8 ? Advice Required

nmealey

Hi foks,

I have an alarm panel in my house which says 'accenta 8 mini' on it, so I presume its an accenta 8 alarm system in the house.

we have PIR's and 1 door sensor in the garage. The problem I have is that we have converted the garage, and the builders have removed the door which had the alarms door sensor on it, and plastered over the other terminal - its now a window.

Is there a way I can find out which cable going to the alarm panel is for that sensor, and can I just remove it from the panel ? or How can i find out which 'zone' is that sensor to omit it.

to complicate things further there are no instructions with the alarm. I have looked at the honeywell site, and found instrucyions for accenta 8, bit it mentions telephone lines etc. mine doesn't have that !

help required please....

Neil

Builder broke it, builder fixes it.

Get him to foot the bill for someone to come and correctly decommission the circuits. Yellow pages and\or the NSI and SSAIB websites should find you a company to come and do this. Recommendations from other people you know also help.

Builder broke it, builder fixes it.

Get him to foot the bill for someone to come and correctly decommission the circuits. Yellow pages and\or the NSI and SSAIB websites should find you a company to come and do this. Recommendations from other people you know also help.

agreed, the builder should be responsible for the problem, and getting it fixed at his / her expense :yes:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

thanks, I'll get in touch. It happened last year, and have put up with it since then. I took the lid off the panel, (with the power off ) there were lots of blue / white wires going to the zones on the board, and one set of red / black. I surmised that this may be the door switch so unplugged it. put a filler wire thing in, and started the system up. works ok now.

thanks for your help folks.

neil

thanks, I'll get in touch. It happened last year, and have put up with it since then. I took the lid off the panel, (with the power off ) there were lots of blue / white wires going to the zones on the board, and one set of red / black. I surmised that this may be the door switch so unplugged it. put a filler wire thing in, and started the system up. works ok now.

thanks for your help folks.

neil

Just one question/stating the obvious...if you have put up with since last year you mean you have been setting system in this state???...you are aware that your system has never set,thus leaving your premises unprotected!!!!!!!! :whistle:

Archived