Security Installer Community

Very Cool Ptz Ip/802.11g

luggsey

luggsey can i ask you a question, lets say you go out for a meal one night and it costs you and your missus about

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

lol ok luggsey.

Yes i have tested this camera (well a d-link variant) so i think i can comment. It was shockingly poor IMO

But yes there maybe applications for it, but i dont think security is one of them. Its activex based wont allow more then 2fps as jpeg grab and crashes if you try to pull mjpeg of it every few days. Again it may be ok for some, they might put a timer on it to reboot it, whatever but a professional security camer IMO it is not.

oh and no the axis inst 802.11g or b or a or pre n. but they do do versions that are and on paper spec wise im sure it looks great. Im sorry my comment was a question not a poke luggs.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

lol ok luggsey.

Yes i have tested this camera (well a d-link variant) so i think i can comment. It was shockingly poor IMO

But yes there maybe applications for it, but i dont think security is one of them. Its activex based wont allow more then 2fps as jpeg grab and crashes if you try to pull mjpeg of it every few days. Again it may be ok for some, they might put a timer on it to reboot it, whatever but a professional security camer IMO it is not.

oh and no the axis inst 802.11g or b or a or pre n. but they do do versions that are and on paper spec wise im sure it looks great. Im sorry my comment was a question not a poke luggs.

:rolleyes: I go along with what you say about not fitting this as a pro camera, it's not meant to be one...

Expense is not the be all or end all in terms of quaility though, we used to fit Adpro and I thought that was //.B.W.F.// for the money.......

This camera would be just right for a compentent PC'er who wants a camera at home to say check his pet's ok, keep an eye on her indoors (Make sure the cooking, cleaning....better stop now!) or what about covert, this could be placed on a shelf in 2mins in a wi-fi area?? It has it's uses but it's never going to be top end at

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived