Security Installer Community

Accenta 8 Mini Alarm Day Light Off

Hi All,

New member here although have used the site many times. I have a problem with my alarm. I had to have it switched off for a period to do some maintenance. When I switche dit back on, the Op panel did not work and the day light was off. I checked the battery in Main panel and was at 11.3v so changed this out, but when I fit the new battery the system alarms off. If I disconnect the new battery it stops alarming. When I put the old battery back in, it does not alarm, but the keypad day light is off. There was originally no sound when hitting keypads, but this is ok now. Any thoughts anyone?

cheers

Tommy

Hi All,

New member here although have used the site many times. I have a problem with my alarm. I had to have it switched off for a period to do some maintenance. When I switche dit back on, the Op panel did not work and the day light was off. I checked the battery in Main panel and was at 11.3v so changed this out, but when I fit the new battery the system alarms off. If I disconnect the new battery it stops alarming. When I put the old battery back in, it does not alarm, but the keypad day light is off. There was originally no sound when hitting keypads, but this is ok now. Any thoughts anyone?

cheers

Tommy

Is your power on??

Also check the charging voltage and fuses on the panel.

Remember there is a high voltage in the panel and i would always reccommend an engineer!!

!

Common problem with the Accenta/Optima panels. A duff battery will lock up the panel if the mains goes off. Try a total downpower, then power back up with battery, then mains. Be careful messing about in the panel, there are lethal voltages present. You should get a pro in to check the system over as a dead battery can damage the system easily on these panels.

Trade Member

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply's. The Power is on so no issue there. I could not get the Yuasa battery that was originally installed so fitted a replacement - which is reading 12.8v. I work on electrical systems at work and am using my meter in here to check at all times, powering off to remove terminals etc - safety first. The day light is not on at the keypad, yet power light is ok and buttons "beep" on pressing but nothing happens. When I put the new battery in, the system alarms off constantly??? No code will work, so I end up powering off and putting the old battery back in. On power up the alarm does not sound - very strange as I assumed I had just drained the battery as it was off for so long and was probably overdue replacing. All the fuses etc are ok have checked these. All wiring seems ok - hadn't touched this anyway. IS there a correct power up/connection sequence when replacing a battery?. The original fault was after it had been powered off for a long period and the bell box was making a starnge sound, but this seems to be ok now. I think the whole thing needs re-programmed, but why should the day light be off - even if the battery is faulty, I have power back on to the system.

Thanks

T

We can only give advise as we are told without being there in person. It does sound like you have a **** bettery and if the bell is making a funny sound then the battery needs changed at the bellbox. What is your charging voltage of the new battery when installed?????

If you feel competant enough fit a better panel or get an engineer round to have a look. Do you think when i get a phonecall from a member of public that it is sorted over the phone all the time????? You may work on electrical systems at work but then thats why there is Electrical engineers and Alarm engineers!

I have had a bad day!!!!

!

Thanks for the Feedback Pete. I don't see any scorchmarks etc and the fuses are all ok. The charging circuit seems to be working ok, so I think it is the system default. Although I still don't understand that when I fit the new battery, the alarm at the bellbox and keypad won't switch off - yet when the old battery is put back in, I can silence it???

For the previous feedback, I was only trying to get some guidance on repairing the system and getting it working again, prior to either an Alarm Engineer callout or new unit. This is why I bought a new battery.

All the best

T

Archived