Security Installer Community

Gsm Speech/text Senders

Ordered one yesterday morning, got to work this morning and there it was. Great service.

The sales admin girl that dealt with me was very good - even had technical knowledge of the product.

Well impressed so far.

Will update on product.

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

Update:

After deciphering the destructions, got the unit powered up and set about programming.

This was achieved via RS 232 and whilst initially confusing, got the hang of it.

Programmed one of the four zones to alarm on open circuit, set other 3 to alarm on short, and left them open.

Used a pair twisted together as the trigger.

Set my IT managers phone no as one of the four numbers allowed, and set to call and text.

Then set into alarm..........nothing.

Several attempts, similar results. The status window in the software happily showed me that the GSM device was attempting to dial.

Finally called Bold who ran me through the settings and confirmed all were OK, then while I was on the phone to them, my IT manager was bombarded with texts and phone calls :)

The explanation given by Bold was signal strength, but I am not at this stage sure. More testing required.

Will update as and when more info available.

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

Update:

After deciphering the destructions, got the unit powered up and set about programming.

This was achieved via RS 232 and whilst initially confusing, got the hang of it.

Programmed one of the four zones to alarm on open circuit, set other 3 to alarm on short, and left them open.

Used a pair twisted together as the trigger.

Set my IT managers phone no as one of the four numbers allowed, and set to call and text.

Then set into alarm..........nothing.

Several attempts, similar results. The status window in the software happily showed me that the GSM device was attempting to dial.

Finally called Bold who ran me through the settings and confirmed all were OK, then while I was on the phone to them, my IT manager was bombarded with texts and phone calls :)

The explanation given by Bold was signal strength, but I am not at this stage sure. More testing required.

Will update as and when more info available.

The problem with text messaging is its unreliable. How many times have you sent a text to a friend and they have not received it till the next day.

Its a Service provider issue not the products fault I would assume ( oops, assuming here is a dangerous act).

But i would have thought a simple test is to trigger the device again and simultaneously call the receiving handset from another device, then you will see if its network or device problems. Obviously call from another network or land line.

cheers

The problem with text messaging is its unreliable. How many times have you sent a text to a friend and they have not received it till the next day.

Its a Service provider issue not the products fault I would assume ( oops, assuming here is a dangerous act).

Texts yes, calls no. Calls should have gone through straight away. Does sound signal strength related but who knows, could be a temporary issue on the local cell.

Texts yes, calls no. Calls should have gone through straight away. Does sound signal strength related but who knows, could be a temporary issue on the local cell.

Why I suggested another test both with voice and text with another Mobile device to ascertain the problem, or a land line.

Might have been the receiving devices problem and not the sending one.

Check and test, test and check..............thats our job isnt it?

cheers

Why I suggested another test both with voice and text with another Mobile device to ascertain the problem, or a land line.

Yep, I was just adding to, not contesting.

Check and test, test and check..............thats our job isnt it?

No, I'm on install.

Yep, I was just adding to, not contesting.

No, I'm on install.

Got ya, I`m on both so i test at all levels. Your on a 1st fix and plumbers,carpet fitters running around its good to leave site knowing all conductors are functioning.

Then you can charge for the renews after.

Thnx for the reply, no confusion as to our retorts.

cheers

Archived